Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] ¿Qué te está haciendo feliz esta semana? / What's making you happy this week? (Week of 1 March 2020)
Hello,

* Preface *

"What's making you happy this week?" is returning after an unplanned
pause that was due to off-wiki events. User:Clovermoss and I agreed
that we will try to alternate weeks writing this publication.

I hope that this email, now in plain text format, is easier to read
than previous WMYHTW emails were.

* Main content *

The Commons Picture of the Day for 1 March 2020 is of a hermitage [1],
named "Ermita del Santo Cristo de Miranda" [2][3], which is located in
Spain. I think that everyone should sometimes get a break for personal
refreshment, such as by curling up in a chair with a book, going on a
vacation or retreat, or pursuing a hobby.

A hobby that I enjoy is music. Here is a video clip from "Star Trek:
Voyager" in which the ship's doctor and the character Seven of Nine
sing a duet. This happens during a story line in which the Doctor
gives Seven advice regarding romance. They sing an American English
folk song, "You are my Sunshine":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGpLrGOEI3Y.

* Closing comments *

What’s making you happy this week? You are welcome to write in any
language. You are also welcome to start a WMYHTW thread next week.

Additional translations of the subject line of this email would be
appreciated on Meta at
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pine/WMYHTW_translations. Thanks
to User:Superzerocool [4] for the Spanish translation.

Pine

[1] https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hermitage
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ermita_de_Santo_Cristo_de_Miranda,_Santa_Mar%C3%ADa_de_las_Hoyas,_Soria,_Espa%C3%B1a,_2017-05-26,_DD_65.jpg
[3] https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ermita_del_Santo_Cristo_de_Miranda
[4] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Superzerocool

Re: [Wikimedia-l] ¿Qué te está haciendo feliz esta semana? / What's making you happy this week? (Week of 1 March 2020) [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2 Mar 2020 at 08:34, Pine W <wiki.pine@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> * Preface *
>
> "What's making you happy this week

Smithsonian image release mostly

https://www.si.edu

So not only does it include a lot of interesting images (and less
interesting images of plants) but also 3D scans of things like the
apollo 11 command module. Which yes we now have a copy of:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Apollo_command_module_smithsonian_high_detail.stl

--
geni