Mailing List Archive

Re: [Wikimedia-l] Community feedback and next steps on movement brand proposal
I think a rebranding to Wikipedia is the best branding option but, at the same time, I aknowledge that this can cause a wide variety of problems to so many people inside our community that doing it without a plan to give safety (not only legal, as their lives could be compromised) is a bigger danger than the benefits it causes.

2019 ira. 6 10:41 PM erabiltzaileak hau idatzi du (Isaac Olatunde <reachout2isaac@gmail.com>):

We sometimes spend several minutes trying to explain to potentials partners
the difference between Wikipedia and Wikimedia and the relationship between
them.

In most cases we just use "Wikipedia" so as to not confuse them.

Of course some people would share an opposing view for many reasons but I
do think this rebranding is important.

Regards

Isaac