Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Introducing WikiContrib 1.0!
Hello folks,

I am happy to introduce you to the first version of WikiContrib
<https://tools.wmflabs.org/wikicontrib/>. WikiContrib is a developer
metrics tool which can be used to view a developer’s contributions on
Phabricator and Gerrit. This tool was initially designed keeping a
Wikimedia Hackathon scholarship committee in mind and with the hope that
the tool will make it easier for them to decide on a candidate’s
application. All community members can also use the tool to learn more
about the contributions of fellow Wikimedians or discover their own!

I developed the WikiContrib tool as part of my Google Summer of Code
project with guidance and support from my mentors Suchakra Sharma
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/p/Tuxology/> and Srishti Sethi
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/p/srishakatux/>.

Here are some relevant links:

-

Tool is hosted on Toolforge https://tools.wmflabs.org/wikicontrib/
-

Source code is available on GitHub
https://github.com/wikimedia/WikiContrib/
-

Link to my Phabricator proposal https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T220254
-

Learn how to use the tool
https://wikicontrib.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Usage.html

Try the tool, and if you encounter any bugs or have any feature requests,
please file them in the GitHub repository! For anything else, you can
comment on the Phabricator proposal.

Looking forward to your response!

Thanks,
Rammanoj potla