Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] Visiting Wikimedian for the Wikimedia Summit 2020
Hi all,

In preparation for the next Wikimedia Summit 2020 – which will take place
from April 3 to 5 in Berlin, Germany[1] – we again launch a call for a “
Visiting Wikimedian”. This initiative aims to transfer practical knowledge
from the German chapter to other Wikimedia movement affiliates and provides
us with an outside view.

The scope of a “Visiting Wikimedian” is mainly to support the organization
of the Wikimedia Summit in terms of logistics and program. The “Visiting
Wikimedian” will be involved in all essential steps of the planning and
organizing process and will be able to contribute in multiple ways. We are
open to designing the tasks together, according to the Visiting Wikimedian’s
skills and experiences and her or his affiliate’s needs. We are especially
looking for a person who can apply the knowledge to an upcoming event, for
example if the affiliate is hosting a regional or international conference.

You can find more information about the initiative and all application
details on Meta.[2] We had four Visiting Wikimedians over the last years,
check also their blost posts on the linked on the Meta page.

If you are interested in becoming a Visiting Wikimedian, please check the
conditions and details on Meta and apply to wmsummit@wikimedia.de until
September 15, 2019 (incl).

Best regards,
Cornelius

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Summit_2020

[2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Visiting_Wikimedian

--
Cornelius Kibelka
Internationale Beziehungen | International Relations

Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
http://wikimedia.de

http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207