* en: is having a minor election;
* results of the recent bug hunt; possible timeline for a stable MW 1.3 release

+sj+
Re: Announcement mailing list [ In reply to ]
Sj wrote:
> I would like to request once more an announcement mailing list

What function would an announcement list serve that the Goings-on page
does not already? It is a lot easier to make translations on the wiki
than it would be on an announcements list. On Goings-on, anyone can
read it without needing to subscribe, and translations can be linked
to. How would that work for a mailing list and what benefits would
that have over the wiki?

Angela.
Re: Announcement mailing list [ In reply to ]
one benefit it would have would be to be a central place where to find
this information. Right now, very few wikis think of updating this kind
of information in meta itself. I know not really how to foster this.

There are some wikis which are no more small wikis really, and we
extremely rarely hear of them.
How many people here are participating to the spanish wikipedia ? From
those not participating, how many here have any idea what is going on
there right now ? Do you have specific problems ? Are you having fun ?