Mailing List Archive

[Wikimedia-l] WMF trustee Arnnon Geshuri and part in anticompetitive agreements in Google
Dear Patricio Lorente,

I request that the WMF board take immediate action to publish a
comprehensive account of why you appointed Geshuri as a trustee,
despite his direct involvement and being named as a defendant in the
on-going scandal of anticompetitive agreements at Google, or that
Geshuri chooses to step down from his new position of trust.

This is being separated out as an open letter to the board in a new
discussion thread, to avoid getting confused with other issues. In the
light of recent challenges to the WMF with regard to a dramatic loss
of confidence in their senior management and the politicking behind
the loss of James Heilman as a trustee openly advocating for
transparency to the actions of the WMF board, Geshuri's background
with anticompetitive practices can only damage confidence in the WMF
board with regard to their duty to hold WMF senior management to
account and acting with the highest possible accountability and public
transparency.

Links showing Geshuri's public footprint on this issue:
1. http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/27/2753701/no-poach-scandal-unredacted-steve-jobs-eric-schmidt-paul-otellini
2. http://www.lieffcabraser.com/Antitrust/Apple-Google-Silicon-Valley-No-Cold-Calling.shtml
3. http://www.courthousenews.com/2015/03/23/google-shareholders-miffed-over-wage-fight.htm
4. https://www.quora.com/How-is-Arnnon-Geshuri-current-VP-HR-at-Tesla-and-former-chief-architect-of-staffing-at-Google-good-at-what-he-does