Mailing List Archive

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia France] WikiCheese crowdfunding - Let's photograph 'em all [ In reply to ]
British cheese is better than its reputation suggests, if you know where to
look. However British cheeses are difficult to distinguish from British
breeds of pig. Gloucester Old Spot, Lincolnshire Poacher, Oxford Sandy and
Black, Balcombe Brown Ring, Yarg, Mangalitsa - can you tell which is a pig
and which is a cheese without looking it up in a popular online
encyclopedia? I think not. :)

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia France] WikiCheese crowdfunding - Let's photograph 'em all [ In reply to ]
Lincolnshire Poacher isn't just a cheese OR a pig...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincolnshire_Poacher_(numbers_station)

Richard Symonds
Wikimedia UK
0207 065 0992

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia France] WikiCheese crowdfunding - Let's photograph 'em all [ In reply to ]
Hi everyone,

A quick update 7 days after launch (pun intended).

We have reached 92% of our first goal. We're receiving huge supports and an
amazing coverage from medias. This is just awesome.

In the latest news, we just received a 1 200€ pledge from the CNIEL
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centre_national_interprofessionnel_de_l%27%C3%A9conomie_laiti%C3%A8re
the organisation promoting dairy products in France. Just so you know, we
did not asked them to.

We're really happy from this unexpected support :)

Thanks also to everyone here who helped spread the word and allowed us to
go this far. Now, we have to reach the 9 000€ goal so we can produce a
documentary about how cheese is made.

Thanks again, I tried to remain brie-f

--
Christophe

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia France] WikiCheese crowdfunding - Let's photograph 'em all [ In reply to ]
For CNIEL it is free publicity. Putting in for them trivial amount ensures that it happens. No-brainer. Nothing wrong with accepting their money as everyone gains from the deal. Win- win-win situation.
Cheers,
Peter

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia France] WikiCheese crowdfunding - Let's photograph 'em all [ In reply to ]
CNIEL, are they the equivalent of the British Cheese Board? ;)

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia France] WikiCheese crowdfunding - Let's photograph 'em all [ In reply to ]

Christophe writes:
> Thanks again, I tried to remain brie-f

I had a dream like this last week, full of smoke and gorgons.

Kudos à Pyb, Christophe and all: this looks delicious.
Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia France] WikiCheese crowdfunding - Let's photograph 'em all [ In reply to ]
110% !!! We bleu our first goal.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia France] WikiCheese crowdfunding - Let's photograph 'em all [ In reply to ]
> Thanks again, I tried to remain brie-f

> 110% !!! We bleu our first goal.

Christophe, whether you are posting out of love for this awesome project or
just for the sake of making puns, I cantal.
Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia France] WikiCheese crowdfunding - Let's photograph 'em all [ In reply to ]
On Dec 4, 2014 2:46 PM, "Jean-Frédéric" <jeanfrederic.wiki@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Thanks again, I tried to remain brie-f

>:
>
> > 110% !!! We bleu our first goal.
> >

> Christophe, whether you are posting out of love for this awesome project
or
> just for the sake of making puns, I cantal.

A little humor on this thread may annoy some, but it's really a Brie of
fresh air to me.

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia France] WikiCheese crowdfunding - Let's photograph 'em all [ In reply to ]
Le 2014-12-04 14:57, Martijn Hoekstra a écrit :

> On Dec 4, 2014 2:46 PM, "Jean-Frédéric" <jeanfrederic.wiki@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks again, I tried to remain brie-f 2014-12-03 18:06 GMT+00:00 Christophe Henner <christophe.henner@gmail.com: 110% !!! We bleu our first goal. Christophe, whether you are posting out of love for this awesome project

or

> just for the sake of making puns, I cantal.

A little humor on this thread may annoy some, but it's really a Brie of
fresh air to me.

Let's be serious. Sweet dreams are made of cheese. Who am I to diss a
brie. I cheddar the world & the feta cheese. Everybody's looking for
Stilton...

Pyb

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia France] WikiCheese crowdfunding - Let's photograph 'em all [ In reply to ]
Which cheese do you use to coax a bear up a mountain?

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia France] WikiCheese crowdfunding - Let's photograph 'em all [ In reply to ]
I don't know, Chris, but I suspect you'll tell us...

Richard Symonds
Wikimedia UK
0207 065 0992

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia France] WikiCheese crowdfunding - Let's photograph 'em all [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 6:13 AM, Pierre-Yves Beaudouin
<pierre.beaudouin@wikimedia.fr> wrote:

> Le 2014-12-04 14:57, Martijn Hoekstra a écrit :
>
>> On Dec 4, 2014 2:46 PM, "Jean-Frédéric" <jeanfrederic.wiki@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks again, I tried to remain brie-f 2014-12-03 18:06 GMT+00:00 Christophe Henner <christophe.henner@gmail.com: 110% !!! We bleu our first goal. Christophe, whether you are posting out of love for this awesome project
>
> or
>
>> just for the sake of making puns, I cantal.
>
> A little humor on this thread may annoy some, but it's really a Brie of
> fresh air to me.
>
> Let's be serious. Sweet dreams are made of cheese. Who am I to diss a
> brie. I cheddar the world & the feta cheese. Everybody's looking for
> Stilton...
>
> Pyb

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

p.s. we are running a California edition too, thanks to Frank
Schulenburg and his cheese-iful ideas. (Paneer'ing for gold in the
California foothills?)

-- phoebe

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia France] WikiCheese crowdfunding - Let's photograph 'em all [ In reply to ]
Hi everyone,

The first WikiCheese event happened last week.

You can find the first selected photos there :
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:WikiCheese or you can wander
in the WikiCheese categories to see more pictures of the first evening :
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikicheeses/1?uselang=fr

The next WikiCheese evening will be February 20th!

We'll keep you posted on the project.

All the best,

PS: no cheese pun in this email, but there was an abondance of puns above.

--
Christophe

Re: [Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia France] WikiCheese crowdfunding - Let's photograph 'em all [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 2:49 PM, Christophe Henner
<christophe.henner@gmail.com> wrote:
> PS: no cheese pun in this email, but there was an abondance of puns above.

You decided to have Murcian us? That's too bad; we're whey overdue in
the humor department.

Austin