Mailing List Archive

Wikinews and slow servers
I'd just quickly like to point out that the low output of stories on the
different Wikinews editions in the last few days is the direct result of
the recent server slowness. This is not meant as a complaint, but as an
explanation, since people are quick to judge the success of the project
by how many stories they see on any given day.

Our editors are literally queuing up to post stories, but it's very hard
to even get page views at the moment. I understand that this will change
as the 20 new servers are set up and configured. Nevertheless, this will
certainly have a substantial impact on this month's growth. C'est la vie.

Erik