Mailing List Archive

Wikibreak from JAWP
Hi folks,
some of you have known already I have been trolled on Japanese
Wikipedia and took a half wikibreak for a while. Some of trolls even
stole my real name in Kanji on the project (on that, I would like to
retrieve it but JA has no official contact to deal with private issues
; some sysops said I should open my request and from my view it is
absurd totally).

Being a part of Electin organiser team, I have been again involved
into that project; once I agreed to join the team, those trolls were
relatively inactive. I talked with my friends including Jimbo which
resolution could be available, and I believed once someone succeeded
to persuade at least some of trolls - I myself talked with one of them
to realize even unintentionally his activity was indeed trolling.

But I was wrong.

Trolling began again some days ago. I made complaints but ignored. A
bureaucrat even said to me personally "Stand for". Today one of them,
who was recently desysoped on JA WP, left a message on my talk on JA,
to advocate his trolling who revealed my surname on the project and
other site (Tim remembers one of them on JA Wikibooks perhaps).

Okay I would be able to stand for those rants but for that I need to
be far apart from it.

On Election current, I know some of you expect me I will care for
translation into Ja and publication on JA projects - even I thought so
just before that trolling. I hope now however them friendly
understanding under some insult and emotional pressure. I think on our
voluntary-based project no one is forced to continue to face such
insult and personal attacks. I hope someone will care for election
matters on JA WP and Japanese translation but now convince I have no
part on those works at all.

Cheers

--
Aphaea@*.wikipedia.org
email: Aphaia @ gmail (dot) com
Re: Wikibreak from JAWP [ In reply to ]
Aphaia wrote:

>Hi folks,
>some of you have known already I have been trolled on Japanese
>Wikipedia and took a half wikibreak for a while. Some of trolls even
>stole my real name in Kanji on the project (on that, I would like to
>retrieve it but JA has no official contact to deal with private issues
>; some sysops said I should open my request and from my view it is
>absurd totally).

I am very sorry to hear all of this happening to you Britty.
Unfortunately trolls seem to be very active and winning in a number of
languages.

Walter/Waerth

Himself on a partial wikibreak for over a week now.
Re: Wikibreak from JAWP [ In reply to ]
-- Walter van Kalken <walter@vankalken.net> wrote:
> I am very sorry to hear all of this happening to you Britty.

Me too. :(

> Unfortunately trolls seem to be very active and winning in a number of
> languages.

This is not good. Perhaps setting up arbitration committees or something
similar in those projects will help. Jimbo would need to give that type of
thing the authority its needs to function.

-- mav

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html
Re: Wikibreak from JAWP [ In reply to ]
Daniel Mayer wrote:

>>Unfortunately trolls seem to be very active and winning in a number of
>>languages.
>>

>This is not good. Perhaps setting up arbitration committees or something
>similar in those projects will help. Jimbo would need to give that type of
>thing the authority its needs to function.

Proposals from within the various language communities would be nice
too---there's no specific reason every Wikipedia has to function
identically to the en: one, which is in a lot of ways a sort of special
case.

Is the problem that there are no proposals for what to do, or no
authority to implement the proposals, or does the "outside world" just
not know what's going on in a lot of Wikipedias because of language
barriers? I confess I have very little idea what's going on in
Wikipedias other than en, de, and fr, and I suspect that's true of a lot
of people---even ja, a very large and active one, is pretty much a black
box to me as a non-Japanese-speaker, and doubly so for many others.

-Mark