Mailing List Archive

Board elections : organisation team
Hello

The organisation team will be

Danny
Britty
Datrio
BjarteSorensen

We will also be helped by Tim Starling on the
technical side. Bjarte will be able to assist/control
the technical settings.

Two candidates were not kept (I explain below why,
nothing personal), and Danny suggested that we add to
the team Britty, which I thought was a very good idea.
Upon asking, she accepted.

Why did we keep these names ? (and not others...)

First, I thought a team of 3-4 was a good idea. More
would be harder to organise.

Danny was already the organiser last year, so will
bring the weight of knowledge on top of his own
abilities.

All people kept have been active for several months at
least, so know community dynamics.

All people kept are both active on meta AND on irc,
which unable vivid and immediate discussions.

People chosen represent 4 continents, several
languages and several projects. We hope that this will
further stimulate the idea the project is
international and all languages should get involved on
meta issues.
Britty represents the female touch and her involvement
in translation issues will be most appreciated. Bjarte
is a rather newcomer in the meta team (good to avoid
formation of cabal...and renew blood). Datrio is very
involved in wikinews (and should keep the team aware
all projects are involved :-)).

Here we are !

The new team has already escaped in
#wikimedia-conclave
so I can not tell you more.

We will keep them informed of the last basic
requirements soon.

If there is an opposition to one of those, please
explain why now or keep your words within you forever
;-)

Anthere