Mailing List Archive

Wikinews: New State of the Wiki report
I have written a new "State of the Wiki" report about the Wikinews project:

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/User:Eloquence/State_of_the_Wiki

In this issue: new editions, growth across languages, translations,
papal veneration, contests, statistics, automation, original reporting,
Wikinews TV, Wikinews Radio, chat, licensing, RSS, content partnerships,
the French, and praise and criticism for Wikinews from blogs and
established media.

If you haven't paid attention to Wikinews in the last two months, if you
want to know what's going on in the different language editions, or if
you'd like to take a peek into our secret laboratories, I hope you'll
give this a read. It's quite long, but also the result of intensive
research, including an e-mail survey across the different editions and
interviews on IRC. It is hopefully structured in a way that will allow
you to skip the parts that don't interest you.

Enjoy,

Erik