Mailing List Archive

Talking about stewards
With all the talk about stewards ...... I thought the stewardcollection
would be expanded in March? Either through election or by Jimbo's choice?

Waerth/Walter
Re: Talking about stewards [ In reply to ]
Walter van Kalken wrote:

> With all the talk about stewards ...... I thought the
> stewardcollection would be expanded in March? Either through election
> or by Jimbo's choice?

I meant to do this, but it slipped my mind. I will review the list and
make some stewards tomorrow or the next day.

To answer something Mark Williamson said, the problem with elections has
nothing to do with a "bad candidate" being elected,
of course. The community always makes wise decisions. It's more a
matter of recognizing that we don't need to vote on every little thing
and that this position, while one of deep trust, is not a policy
position but a position of service to the community, a privilege, not an
elected right.

The democratic impulse is admirable and often useful, but in other cases
it's better if we just move forward and trust people to
do the right thing. (And yell at them, remove them, if they don't.)

--Jimbo