Mailing List Archive

Commons music playlist
Hi,

for those who need a distraction, I just discovered Raul654's very nice
list of free music files uploaded to the Commons so far (by himself,
OldakQuill, Whyameye, and a few others):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sound/list

I made a playlist out of it which you can view at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sound/list/playlist

Paste the URLs into a text file called "playlist.m3u" and load it with
your favorite MP3/OGG player - it should automatically stream them from
our servers if you have enough bandwidth. Lots of classical, but some
modern stuff as well.

This is not completely off-topic -- I'm working on a press release for
the 100,000th media file uploaded to the Commons (we're currently at
70,000). Of course we're going to point out our large collection of
songs, among other neat things. Help appreciated:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Press_releases/100K

(English for now, call for translations will be separate.)

Enjoy,

Erik