*Announcement: <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Press_releases/Wikimedia_announces_Yahoo_support>
*Press release: <http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050407/75258.html?.v=1>
*Jimbo on the Yahoo! Search blog:
<http://www.ysearchblog.com/archives/000100.html>

Angela

--
Angela Beesley
Wikimedia Foundation
Re: Wikimedia announces Yahoo support [ In reply to ]
Angela a écrit:

> For full details, please see:
> *Announcement: <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Press_releases/Wikimedia_announces_Yahoo_support>
> *Press release: <http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050407/75258.html?.v=1>
> *Jimbo on the Yahoo! Search blog:
> <http://www.ysearchblog.com/archives/000100.html>
>
> Angela
>
> --
> Angela Beesley
> Wikimedia Foundation

Please, also find the official french announcement
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Press_releases/La_Foundation_Wikimedia_annonce_le_support_de_Yahoo

This announcement is a little bit different from the english one for one
reason. The Yahoo announcement is made of two parts. One part is related
to the servers, the other to the shortcuts.

The shortcuts was an idea initiated and developped by Yahoo! France.
This explain why the shortcuts were first made available today, in
french language only. They will be later implemented in other languages.
They are currently only tested for countries.

You may find the report on how the whole idea of the shortcuts arose on
yahoo blog.
http://www.ysearchblog.com/archives/000099.html

(What is the capital of Guatemala?)

Thank you to Stéphane Gigandet from Yahoo! International Search
Engineering and to Caroline Constantin from Yahoo! Search France (as
well as to for Christophe Ducamp from CraoWiki) for making this possible.

I would like very much that you read the comment I left on
http://www.ysearchblog.com/archives/000099.html as I think the shortcuts
story demonstrate the power of networking.

Ant
Re: Wikimedia announces Yahoo support [ In reply to ]
My compliments to everyone who managed to keep their lips zipped this
time around.

I'd be interested to learn, since I don't have enough occasion to use
language-specific searches on places like google.fr or de.yahoo.com - is
the integration of Wikipedia into Yahoo's French-language shortcuts a
particularly novel step? Obviously a number of players in search-related
businesses now use some type of encyclopedia to deliver more focused
results in English-language searches, but I don't know how much this has
spread to other languages yet.

--Michael Snow