From: John Bradley <john@ontobus.co.uk>
To: English Wikipedia <wikien-l@Wikipedia.org>
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Vile Triga and Matt Crypto.
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 17:39:07 +0100

More manipulation from Matt Crypto. Strange he doesn't mention Vile Triga
behaviour before now, just cuts it down to the bits that suit him. More typical
dishonesty.

Your msg constitues a personal attack. You've refused to accept my
critismism, why should anyone believe you'll taken on anyone elses.

> For background, you can review the problems with this user's behaviour here:
>
> * http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_comment/Irate
> * http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration#User:Irate
> * http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Smoddy/Irate
>
> I am quite open to criticism if others judge that I've handled this situation
> badly.
>
> Matt
>
> P.S. Note that even now, this user cannot resist personal attacks in the
> subject line.

Yours

John Bradley

Loc: Flat 15/22 Gambier Terrace, Liverpool, L1 7BL, UK.
Phone: +44 (0)151 708 7238
Email: john@ontobus.co.uk
WWW: www.ontobus.co.uk

----- End forwarded message -----
Re: (fwd) Re: [WikiEN-l] Vile Triga and Matt Crypto. [ In reply to ]
Sorry, but... why would Wikimedia UK receive this sort of things ????
Receive what ?

Ant

Re: Re: (fwd) Re: [WikiEN-l] Vile Triga and Matt Crypto. [ In reply to ]
Anthere (anthere9@yahoo.com) [050404 04:16]:

> Sorry, but... why would Wikimedia UK receive this sort of things ????
> Receive what ?

Sorry, I missed including that bit - an email from an aggrieved en: user
based in the UK claiming his 3RR bans and cautions for personal attacks
were evidence Wikimedia is not fulfilling its charitable goals.

(VampWillow, JamesF - I wonder how much of a thing we'll need pointing out
the UK org does not run the servers ...)

- d.
Re: Re: (fwd) Re: [WikiEN-l] Vile Triga and MattCrypto. [ In reply to ]
On Monday, April 04, 2005 12:29 PM, David Gerard <fun@thingy.apana.org.au>
wrote:

> Anthere (anthere9@yahoo.com) [050404 04:16]:
>
> > Sorry, but... why would Wikimedia UK receive this sort of things
> > ???? Receive what ?
>
> Sorry, I missed including that bit - an email from an aggrieved en:
> user based in the UK claiming his 3RR bans and cautions for personal
> attacks were evidence Wikimedia is not fulfilling its charitable
> goals.
>
> (VampWillow, JamesF - I wonder how much of a thing we'll need
> pointing out the UK org does not run the servers ...)

I suspect that it might well become one of our stock replies -
#REDIRECT[[Wikimedia Foundation]].

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester -- Wikimedia: [[W:en:User:Jdforrester|James F.]]

Mail: james@jdforrester.org | jon@eh.org | csvla@dcs.warwick.ac.uk
IM : (MSN) jamesdforrester@hotmail.com
Re: Re: (fwd) Re: [WikiEN-l] Vile Triga and MattCrypto. [ In reply to ]
On Apr 4, 2005 3:24 PM, James D. Forrester <james@jdforrester.org> wrote:
> > (VampWillow, JamesF - I wonder how much of a thing we'll need
> > pointing out the UK org does not run the servers ...)
>
> I suspect that it might well become one of our stock replies -
> #REDIRECT[[Wikimedia Foundation]].

At the risk of creating a double redirect... #REDIRECT [[WikiEN-l]].

The Foundation is the wrong place for content disputes as well, though
from the emails sent to the board@wikimedia address, you'd never know.
:)

Angela.
Re: (fwd) Re: [WikiEN-l] Vile Triga and Matt Crypto. [ In reply to ]
David Gerard a écrit:
> Anthere (anthere9@yahoo.com) [050404 04:16]:
>

>>Sorry, but... why would Wikimedia UK receive this sort of things ????
>>Receive what ?
>

> Sorry, I missed including that bit - an email from an aggrieved en: user
> based in the UK claiming his 3RR bans and cautions for personal attacks
> were evidence Wikimedia is not fulfilling its charitable goals.
>
> (VampWillow, JamesF - I wonder how much of a thing we'll need pointing out
> the UK org does not run the servers ...)
>

> - d.

argggg :-(
Re: (fwd) Re: [WikiEN-l] Vile Triga and MattCrypto. [ In reply to ]
Angela a écrit:
> On Apr 4, 2005 3:24 PM, James D. Forrester <james@jdforrester.org> wrote:
>
>>>(VampWillow, JamesF - I wonder how much of a thing we'll need
>>>pointing out the UK org does not run the servers ...)
>>
>>I suspect that it might well become one of our stock replies -
>>#REDIRECT[[Wikimedia Foundation]].
>

> At the risk of creating a double redirect... #REDIRECT [[WikiEN-l]].
>
> The Foundation is the wrong place for content disputes as well, though
> from the emails sent to the board@wikimedia address, you'd never know.
> :)
>
> Angela.

Admitedly, a good bunch of mails sent to board@wikimedia.org end up in