Mailing List Archive

Wikinews China vote closed
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikinews/China

This vote is now closed. It was meant to help decide whether we need to
hold a poll before launching the Chinese Wikinews, or whether it can be
treated like all other Wikinews editions, considering the censorship risk.

The vote is inconclusive. The two sides are almost evenly split, with
strong opinions expressed by people on both sides. If you count all
votes, the "hold a vote among Chinese language speakers" option wins by
one vote. If you count only votes of users with user pages on Meta, as
the rules require, the "Treat it like al other Wikinews editions" option
wins by one vote. Given the sharp split of opinion, I think the decision
should be deferred to the Board at this point.

So, to the Board: Please put this issue on your agenda at your nearest
convenience and inform us about the outcome. Until then, I will not do
anything about the Chinese Wikinews.

Peace,

Erik