Mailing List Archive

Wikimedia Foundation and the World Summit on Information Society
Hi,

I take part to the preliminary session of the World Summut on Information
Society (WSIS) [1] in Geneva, from February 17th to 25th.

There are already a lot of people supporting our ideas (sharing knowledge and
free content) who take part in the WSIS. These people do lobbying for these
ideas to members states delegates for adopting a resolution in the WSIS.
So these ideas get also promoted among people taking part in the process.

I propose that Wikimedia Foundation gets involved with the WSIS:
* The foundation should start the process to get official recognition from
WSIS.
* The foundation should look for financial support to send delegate(s) to
Tunis.
* Does the foundation have a proposition or a recommendation to the WSIS ?

Comments and propositions:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/World_Summit_on_Information_Society

Regards,
Yann