Mailing List Archive

journal du net
http://www.journaldunet.com/0501/050112wikipedia.shtml

A really nice article from Nicolas Rauline.
It comes from a long interview of Yann and additions of myself on our economical model. Thanks Yann !
Till now, their website had only written articles about wikis and once published a small announcement after I sent them the 1 000 000 article press release.

The journal du net is an important reference on the net in France, in particular in business/marketing.

With Nicolas, I raised up three issues I believe are important with regards to our future.
The first is about our financial resources and how we are gonna come up with our growth, as well as possibly finance distribution by other means than internet.
Second is about uses of our financial resources, and in particular whether we should soon hire (or pay by whatever mean) technical people to help support the project.
Third is about our involvement in political fights, such as copyright issues and such, which may impact our ability to raise funds.

I am interested in any input on these topics.

Cheers

Anthere