Mailing List Archive

International Writing Contest
Hello everybody,

the following text I posted in about 30 languages of Wikipedia:

---
In Berlin at Dezember 2004 there was the critique that there is not enough
connection in the work of all the different Wikipedias in their different
languages. I think, that an internationally linked writing contest should
be one possible chance to cooperate and work together. At March 1st there
will be the start of the second writing contest in the german Wikipedia so
I thought, we can start it as an international project. There had been
contests in the Wikipedia of the Netherlands
[[:nl:Wikipedia:Schrijfwedstrijd]], the german Wikipedia
[[:de:Wikipedia:Schreibwettbewerb]] and the english one
[[en:Wikipedia:Danny's contest]] and as far as I could see it, it worked
really good.

I hope you will join the Contest, please visit [[:meta:International
writing contest]] to find out more. -- [[Benutzer:Achim Raschka|Achim
Raschka aka Necrophorus]] 10:14, 11. Jan 2005 (CET)
----

It would be great, to discuss the contest and to coordinate stuff like
press releases, maybe extren judges, coordination on meta (if you likeI
will construct a Portal-Page on meta with joining languages and nominations
(as far as I´m able for that) and so on. I know, I didn´t discuss it on any
mailing list, but I think it´s a good idea so I started it. The time plot
was set before for the german contest and I think it´s time enough to
organize a contest in the other languanges until the contest starts at
March the 1st.

It would be great if I can get any reaction (maybe a bit more than to the
Wikikids-idea), I would tolerate all between "It´s a genius idea" and "What
in the hell´s came over you".

Greeting from Berlin, Achim aka Necrophorus