Mailing List Archive

legal question in wikipedia
Hi,

Who can help me, if I want to know, if it is legal, that a wikipedia editor
prepares a collection of quotes, that an other wikipedia editor wrote in
diverse articles, and puts this collection onto a wikipedia page? The quotes
are
exclusively from one wikipedia editor.

This is what the gdfl says:
4. modifications The author(s) and publisher(s) of the Document do not by
this
License give permission to use their names for publicity for or to assert or
imply endorsement of any Modified Version.

8. translation Translation is considered a kind of modification, so you may
distribute translations of the Document under the terms of section 4.

9. termination You may not copy, modify, sublicense, or distribute the
Document
except as expressly provided for under this License. Any other attempt to
copy,
modify, sublicense or distribute the Document is void, and will
automatically
terminate your rights under this License. However, parties who have received
copies, or rights, from you under this License will not have their licenses
terminated so long as such parties remain in full compliance.

Thanks in advance, Eleonora

1 GB Mailbox bereits in GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail
Re: legal question in wikipedia [ In reply to ]
Yes, this is allowed, provided the person gives both his own name and
the one of the person whose quotes he gives, as well as the pages they
are taken from. Part 4 states that you can modify the document, and
part 5 that several documents can be merged into one document.

Andre Engels

Re: legal question in wikipedia [ In reply to ]
Hi!

I would guess you are free to quote from another editor. (Though I
do not see the reason for creating such a page. In what way will
be such a page valuable?)

IANAL

--
GNU GPL: csak tiszta forrásból
Re: legal question in wikipedia [ In reply to ]
This sort of page is central to Requests for Comments and Arbitration cases.
We need examples of edits.

Fred