Mailing List Archive

Wikimedia Quarto
Hello,

As a reminder, Wikimedia Quarto is the quaterly
publication which reports on the Wikimedia Foundation
activity, all wikimedia project, as well as evolution
and well-being of the community.

It is meant both for wikipedians and for outside
people who want a quick overview of the whole project.

The last issue is available here :
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Quarto/1/En
And exists entirely translated in 9 languages.

A publication is planned for january, and several
people are currently working on it to try to make it
the most informative possible.

If you are interested in joining a nice and very
international team, you are just welcome. Good english
is not required :-) We look for designers, editors,
photographs, translators etc... and mostly, we need
to hear about you and your projects. This must be
emphasized for smaller projects as well. If there is
something special going on, we would love to hear
about it.

There is a special page dedicated to international.
You can place on it any information about your
language project, in your own language. Please, use
this, for example to report a future great event or a
grant or a local chapter brainstorming.

Also, if you have questions to ask to the board, on
which you would perhaps love that we make a public
statement, THIS IS THE PERFECT TIME. Ask us anything
:-) (send me a mail).

Discussion is live on the irc channel #quarto and
drafts and discussions are available here :
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WQ/Draft

Your contact :
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User%3ASj

Thanks :-)

Anthere

http://my.yahoo.com
Re: Wikimedia Quarto [ In reply to ]
For all of you linguaphiles out there, the first sections will be
ready for translation starting this week. To keep up with
translations, watch [[m:WQ/Translation]] and [[m:Translation
requests]], or just add yourself to the translators mailing list :

To join the team of editors, designers, and interviewers, see
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WQ/Team , or sign up for the newsletter
mailing list :

With winter cheer and quartile love,
Sj