Mailing List Archive

controlling a laptop with an android device
Hi listmembers,

I am a newbie and I am using Vnc free.
I am able now to control the desktop PC in my home by internet
setting the router, using my android device.
I am not able to control my notebook (Win7) with an internet key
(therefore non using the home lan with the router), using the same
android device.
What can I fo?

Thanks in advance,
Arnaldo.

Ferrari Nasi & Associati
Via Argelati 40g - 20143 Milano
Tel +39 0289604144 - Cell +39 3479305441 - Fax +39 02700419018
www.ferrarinasiassociati.it

Re: controlling a laptop with an android device [ In reply to ]
Hi

You need to open a port (5900) from your router to your PC.

How?, it depend of the model of your router.

Greets.

El 19/09/2014 a las #4, Arnaldo Ferrari Nasi escribió:
> Hi listmembers,
>
> I am a newbie and I am using Vnc free.
> I am able now to control the desktop PC in my home by internet setting
> the router, using my android device.
> I am not able to control my notebook (Win7) with an internet key
> (therefore non using the home lan with the router), using the same
> android device.
> What can I fo?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Arnaldo.
>

> Ferrari Nasi & Associati
> Via Argelati 40g - 20143 Milano
> Tel +39 0289604144 - Cell +39 3479305441 - Fax +39 02700419018
> www.ferrarinasiassociati.it

---
Este mensaje no contiene virus ni malware porque la protección de avast! Antivirus está activa.

Re: controlling a laptop with an android device [ In reply to ]
Hello!
Basically yes. You do need to go to the right panels on your home
router, and open 5900 plus the number of desktops you want to open.

In this case it would be 5901, and then so forth. And then follow the
steps provided with running VNC on your Android device.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@gmail.com