Mailing List Archive

Re:
On 19 June 2014 11:57, Szilard Albert <szilard@dayborogeo.com> wrote:
> I have been using a vnc session to log in into my office network. For
> years.
> Now suddenly my dedicated channel wont work.
> Any suggestions on how to solve this issue?

Yeah. Install TeamViewer. It's free and it works great.

Re: [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 20 Jun 2014, Phil Seakins wrote:

> On 19 June 2014 11:57, Szilard Albert <szilard@dayborogeo.com> wrote:
>> I have been using a vnc session to log in into my office network. For
>> years.
>> Now suddenly my dedicated channel wont work.
>> Any suggestions on how to solve this issue?
>
> Yeah. Install TeamViewer. It's free and it works great.

VNC works great and it's free software while TeamViewer is proprietary.

Mike

RE: [ In reply to ]
>On Fri, 20 Jun 2014, Phil Seakins wrote:
>
>> On 19 June 2014 11:57, Szilard Albert <szilard@dayborogeo.com> wrote:
>>> I have been using a vnc session to log in into my office network.
For
>>> years.
>>> Now suddenly my dedicated channel wont work.
>>> Any suggestions on how to solve this issue?
>>
>> Yeah. Install TeamViewer. It's free and it works great.
>
>VNC works great and it's free software while TeamViewer is proprietary.
>
>Mike

Albert:

Perhaps a better question to ask would be, "What changed between
the time VNC worked and the time it stopped working?" Did a proxy
at work change? Was a port blocked? If U're not the network
administrator, this kind of thing can happen with no notice to
employees or contractors, because the Corporate-sanctioned software
is usually tested and/or re-configured behind the scenes. When a
package of which they are unaware like VNC is installed, they won't
test for it, and U'll be hosed.

Thx, Phil Long