Mailing List Archive

Blank Screen when laptop lid closed on reboot
Hi - I have VNC server running on a laptop. Works great but if I reboot the
laptop with the lid closed, then when connecting to the VNC server I get a
blank/black screen. To resolve this I simply open the lid and close it
again then reconnect. Laptop is running Windows 7. Any idea how I could
resolve this?
Thanks
Re: Blank Screen when laptop lid closed on reboot [ In reply to ]
Dear David,

Load Linux Mint?

:^)

Regards,

Paul

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014, David Perrault wrote:

> Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 12:06:01 +0000
> From: David Perrault <esieens@chez.com>
> To: vnc-list@realvnc.com
> Subject: Blank Screen when laptop lid closed on reboot
>
> Hi - I have VNC server running on a laptop. Works great but if I reboot the
> laptop with the lid closed, then when connecting to the VNC server I get a
> blank/black screen. To resolve this I simply open the lid and close it
> again then reconnect. Laptop is running Windows 7. Any idea how I could
> resolve this?
> Thanks

Kindest Regards,

Paul Flint
(802) 595-9365 Cell

/************************************
Based upon email reliability concerns,
please send an acknowledgment in response to this note.

Paul Flint
17 Averill Street
Barre, VT
05641

Re: Blank Screen when laptop lid closed on reboot [ In reply to ]
Dear Sanjay,

As an avid (if lazy:^) user of Mint 14, I can confirm that this does
indeed work. Use the following as a reference guide.

http://www.linuxfixntricks.com/2010/04/ubuntu-910-do-nothing-laptop-lid-closed.html

Keep in mind that I merely tested remote X services via ssh as I am not
particularly enamored with vnc, but this did work with the lid closed.

Let me know your results.

Kindest Regards,

Paul

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014, Sanjay Gund wrote:

> [...]
>
> Ya, i think you problem will be solved after loading the mint.
> please try it & confirm us.
>

> Thanks & Regards,
> Sanjay Gund
> (Java Developer)
>

> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Paul Flint <flint@flint.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear David,
>>
>> Load Linux Mint?
>>
>> :^)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> On Wed, 29 Jan 2014, David Perrault wrote:
>>
>> Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 12:06:01 +0000
>>> From: David Perrault <esieens@chez.com>
>>> To: vnc-list@realvnc.com
>>> Subject: Blank Screen when laptop lid closed on reboot
>>>

>>> Hi - I have VNC server running on a laptop. Works great but if I reboot
>>> the
>>> laptop with the lid closed, then when connecting to the VNC server I get a
>>> blank/black screen. To resolve this I simply open the lid and close it
>>> again then reconnect. Laptop is running Windows 7. Any idea how I could
>>> resolve this?
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> Kindest Regards,
>>

>> Paul Flint
>> (802) 595-9365 Cell
>>
>> /************************************
>> Based upon email reliability concerns,
>> please send an acknowledgment in response to this note.
>>
>> Paul Flint
>> 17 Averill Street
>> Barre, VT
>> 05641

> [image: Inline image 2]
> * 0260-6612988*
> [image: Inline image 8] <http://www.ens.net.in/>
>
> [image: Inline image
> 1]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/enjay-it-solutions-ltd->
> [image: Inline image 2] <http://www.facebook.com/enjayltd> [image: Inline
> image 3] <https://twitter.com/enjayworld> [image: Inline image
> 5]<https://plus.google.com/104619851885354132849/posts>
> [image: Inline image 2] <http://eitsl.blogspot.in/> [image: Inline
> image 7]<sales@enjayworld.com>
>
> *Disclaimer:*
> This message contains privileged and confidential information and is
> intended only for an individual(s) named. If you are not the intended
> recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute, store, print, copy or
> deliver this message. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you
> feel that you have received this e-mail in error and you are advised to
> please delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
> guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information may be intercepted,
> corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late, be incomplete or contain viruses.
> The sender does not accept any liability for any errors or omissions in the
> contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If
> verification is required, please request a hard-copy version.
>
> Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Kindest Regards,

Paul Flint
(802) 595-9365 Cell