sometimes.

As I was reading RealVNC requires a screen to keep active graphics card. *Is
there no chance of working without a display?* Such as installing a
"virtual screen"?
It is impossible for me to connect a display now, and otherwise I'll have
to stop using RealVNC.

Thanks for your help,

Alex
Re: RealVNC Server without screen [ In reply to ]
It's your video driver, not vnc.
I had the same problem with some new fangled 'super smart' intel drivers that we're going to save the planet by turning off the video if there was no screen detected. A bit of a problem is a server rack with 8 or more machines.

Solution:
Remove the 'super-smart' video driver and use the default mickeysoft driver.

Cheers,
John

Sent from my iPhone

RE: RealVNC Server without screen [ In reply to ]
Alex,

Please let us know that this solution worked for you.

Chuck Balogh - PMP
630.408.9092

Post deleted by [ In reply to ]
Re: RealVNC Server without screen [ In reply to ]
Wouldn't it be simpler to just insert a dummy plug in the d-sub socket
of your server. With the appropriate pins strapped the pc would think
it was connected to a real monitor.

RE: RealVNC Server without screen [ In reply to ]
Hi Alex:

TightNVC is the other way around, it always connects even if the
physical output is blanked by the driver.

Cheers,
john