running the Enterprise edition on a machine which we would like to
be able to reach, but we keep getting the "10060" error message. I
have never tried to connect to the Enterprise edition before, so I
didn't expect this. Has the protocol changed, or is the connection
just being refused?

Thx, Phil Long

Goss ... Innovation for Business

NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential and proprietary information of Goss International Corporation and/or its subsidiaries and may be legally privileged. This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the addressee, dissemination, copying or other use of this e-mail or any of its content is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender immediately and destroy the e-mail and any copies. All liability for viruses is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender. No contract may be construed by this e-mail.

Re: VNC RFB Protocol Question [ In reply to ]
On 18/02/2013 17:49, Long, Phillip GOSS wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is version 4.1.3 of the free edition of RealVNC incompatible with
> the Enterprise edition (4.6.1, I believe)? We have a customer
> running the Enterprise edition on a machine which we would like to
> be able to reach, but we keep getting the "10060" error message. I
> have never tried to connect to the Enterprise edition before, so I
> didn't expect this. Has the protocol changed, or is the connection
> just being refused?
>
> Thx, Phil Long

10060 is time out (so refused), more likely a port forwarding problem.
Enterprise Edition just makes additional features available provided an
EE client is used, from vague memories many years ago I think connected
to an Enterprise server with the standard client OK in the past. However
you can download the Enterprise client standalone from the RealVNC web
site if that's all you need, that doesn't require a licence.

Chris

Is version 4.1.3 of the free edition of RealVNC incompatible with
the Enterprise edition (4.6.1, I believe)? We have a customer
running the Enterprise edition on a machine which we would like to
be able to reach, but we keep getting the "10060" error message. I
have never tried to connect to the Enterprise edition before, so I
didn't expect this. Has the protocol changed, or is the connection
just being refused?

Thx, Phil Long

Thanks to all who answered; I appreciate the help!

Re: VNC RFB Protocol Question [ In reply to ]
On 19/02/2013 15:09, Long, Phillip GOSS wrote:
> [...]
Eventually connect OK?

Chris

On 19/02/2013 15:09, Long, Phillip GOSS wrote:

Chris:

No connection yet, but I've downloaded the 5.0.4 Viewer, and will
be trying it either later this week or next week. I'll post what
happens then.