Mailing List Archive

The future of VNC
In case you haven't heard, sadly the AT&T lab in Cambridge is closing.
There was an article about this in the Observer on Sunday:

http://www.observer.co.uk/business/story/0,6903,687764,00.html

Now for the good news - VNC lives on!

First, the current version of VNC will continue to be available at the
original web address, which will soon be re-hosted at Cambridge
University where AT&T continues to sponsor research. The VNC mailing lists
will also continue to be supported.

Second, the creators of VNC are planning a venture to independently support
and develop VNC as an ongoing open source project. You haven't heard much
from us recently because we've been busy with other projects such as the
Broadband Phone, but now that we have the opportunity :) we're back on the case.

Watch the website, this mailing list, or slashdot for an announcement
"real soon"

The VNC Team