there any plans for when they will be available, or is it just me who
can't find them?

Additionally I noticed that the link to
https://varnish-cache.org/releases/rel6.0.2 from
https://varnish-cache.org/docs/trunk/installation/install_debian.html
results in a 404. I'm not sure what it was supposed to point to, as the changes.rst doesn't seem to contain any hints on this either.

BR

Kristian Sørensen

Re: Installation of Varnish 6.0LTS on Debian Buster [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 8:36 AM Kristian Grønfeldt Sørensen
<ksorensen@nordija.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It doesn't look like there's any Varnish 6.0LTS on packagecloud. Is
> there any plans for when they will be available, or is it just me who
> can't find them?
>
> Additionally I noticed that the link to
> https://varnish-cache.org/releases/rel6.0.2 from
> https://varnish-cache.org/docs/trunk/installation/install_debian.html
> results in a 404. I'm not sure what it was supposed to point to, as the changes.rst doesn't seem to contain any hints on this either.

Hi,

https://github.com/varnishcache/pkg-varnish-cache/issues/127
https://github.com/varnishcache/pkg-varnish-cache/issues/128

*channels guillaume*

I'm not sure what the current status is.

Dridi
Re: Installation of Varnish 6.0LTS on Debian Buster [ In reply to ]
Hi
> I'm not sure what the current status is.

It seems like the weekly built hasn't been updated for buster lately.
Latest version available on the repo is "varnish_20200131"
(https://packagecloud.io/varnishcache/varnish-weekly/packages/debian/buster/varnish_20200131-weekly~buster_amd64.deb).

Cheers,

dn
Re: Installation of Varnish 6.0LTS on Debian Buster [ In reply to ]
Buster packages are systematically built by circleci:
https://app.circleci.com/pipelines/github/varnishcache/varnish-cache?branch=master
You can find them in the collect_packages job, as artifacts, for example:
https://app.circleci.com/pipelines/github/varnishcache/varnish-cache/456/workflows/e863041c-a1d9-4697-86e4-292034cc2654/jobs/5150/artifacts

Looks like we just forgot to push the buster packages, the latest ones are
now in the repo.

--
Guillaume Quintard

Re: Installation of Varnish 6.0LTS on Debian Buster [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2020-04-02 at 08:57 +0000, Dridi Boukelmoune wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 8:36 AM Kristian Grønfeldt Sørensen
> <ksorensen@nordija.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > It doesn't look like there's any Varnish 6.0LTS on packagecloud. Is
> > there any plans for when they will be available, or is it just me
> > who
> > can't find them?
> >
> > Additionally I noticed that the link to
> > https://varnish-cache.org/releases/rel6.0.2 from
> > https://varnish-cache.org/docs/trunk/installation/install_debian.html
> > results in a 404. I'm not sure what it was supposed to point to,
> > as the changes.rst doesn't seem to contain any hints on this
> > either.
>
> Hi,
>
> https://github.com/varnishcache/pkg-varnish-cache/issues/127
> https://github.com/varnishcache/pkg-varnish-cache/issues/128
>
> *channels guillaume*
>
> I'm not sure what the current status is.
>
> Dridi

Thanks for pointing to those, Dridi.

I've added my observations on building LTS on buster to issue 127.

/Kristian

Re: Installation of Varnish 6.0LTS on Debian Buster [ In reply to ]
To save everyone a trip to th github issue, here was my answer over there:

This is currently not planned. Buster has upgraded the jemalloc package, a
central part of our memory management and that kind of change doesn't fit
inside an LTS as the behavior is quite different from the old one.

--
Guillaume Quintard

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 1:35 AM Kristian Grønfeldt Sørensen <