Mailing List Archive

Affected 5.x versions of VSV00004 Workspace information leak
Hello list,

sometimes I'm confused about the supported versions of Varnish. This
resulted in the post "LTS time frame for Varnish 6.0.X?" on
https://varnish-cache.org/lists/pipermail/varnish-dist/2019-September/000173.html.

But now I'm confused about the "VSV00004 Workspace information leak"
(https://varnish-cache.org/security/VSV00004.html) and the affected
versions.

"VSV00004 Workspace information leak" writes:

> Versions affected
>
> 5.0 and forward

So the version 5.0, 5.1 and 5.2 are affected by VSV00004, is that
correct? The page http://varnish-cache.org/releases/index.html states
that only versions 6.X are supported. So all varnish 5.X should update
to 6.X?! Is that conclusion correct?

--
Greetings
Erik Wasser

Re: Affected 5.x versions of VSV00004 Workspace information leak [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 9:38 AM Erik Wasser <ewasser@maxcluster.de> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> sometimes I'm confused about the supported versions of Varnish. This
> resulted in the post "LTS time frame for Varnish 6.0.X?" on
> https://varnish-cache.org/lists/pipermail/varnish-dist/2019-September/000173.html.
>
> But now I'm confused about the "VSV00004 Workspace information leak"
> (https://varnish-cache.org/security/VSV00004.html) and the affected
> versions.
>
> "VSV00004 Workspace information leak" writes:
>
> > Versions affected
> >
> > 5.0 and forward
>
> So the version 5.0, 5.1 and 5.2 are affected by VSV00004, is that
> correct? The page http://varnish-cache.org/releases/index.html states
> that only versions 6.X are supported. So all varnish 5.X should update
> to 6.X?! Is that conclusion correct?

Correct, and if you want some stability I recommend the 6.0 LTS branch
that will be maintained for a while, like the previous 4.1 LTS branch
that reached EOL in March 2019.

Dridi