available only in Grace Mode - http://book.varnish-
software.com/4.0/chapters/Saving_a_Request.html#grace-mode when object's
ttl has expired but grace period is not over yet.

Here are my questions:
1. When and how can I use background cache refreshing?
2. Why Grace Mode and cache invalidation via "ban" command doesn't work
together?

Thanks
Re: Question about refreshing expired cache in background [ In reply to ]
Hi,

1. You already answer that one: you get a background fetch when obj.ttl <=
0 but obj.ttl + obj.grace > 0.

2. that just hasn't been implemented yet, if I'm not mistaken (that would
be the softban feature)

--
Guillaume Quintard

Re: Question about refreshing expired cache in background [ In reply to ]
Hi About softban feature/

Re: Question about refreshing expired cache in background [ In reply to ]
Hi

Re: Question about refreshing expired cache in background [ In reply to ]
Hi
I have question about "softban feature". I did not find information about
that, except this message
https://varnish-cache.org/lists/pipermail/varnish-dev/2014-May/007836.html

I suppose this feature has not implemented yet. Am I right?

Thanks!

Re: Question about refreshing expired cache in background [ In reply to ]