Thanks for the help.

Thanks,
Prem
RE: Upstream connection between nginx to varnish - HTTP2 [ In reply to ]
Yup, hitch works fine.

From: varnish-misc [mailto:varnish-misc-bounces+a.hongens=netmatch.nl@varnish-cache.org] On Behalf Of Prem Kumar
Sent: Wednesday, 29 November, 2017 09:24
To: varnish-misc@varnish-cache.org
Subject: Upstream connection between nginx to varnish - HTTP2

Hi ,

Trying to use nginx to varnish connection as http2 instead of http1.1.

https://www.nginx.com/blog/http2-module-nginx/#QandA

Currently nginx is not supporting the upstream http2.

Anyone knows hitch SSL proxy will do upstream connection to varnish through http2?. or any other SSL proxy would do http2 connection?.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks,
Prem
Re: Upstream connection between nginx to varnish - HTTP2 [ In reply to ]
How do you guys deal with large request rates when offloading SSL? For
example, Hitch/Nginx do 5k requests/second, which then get sent to Varnish
and that's another 5k requests/second. This causes a tremendous spike in
internal connections which ultimately increases resource consumption
two-fold, and reduces the maximum number of requests per second which can
be handled via HTTPS. This is honestly one of the main reasons I'm
considering moving over to Nginx which can handle both, to cut down on the
tremendous amount of internal connections/requests, especially considering
UNIX sockets cannot be used yet. Over HTTP we can easily serve 10k+ reqs/s,
however 10k+ reqs/s over HTTPS causes some massive issues, even on a tuned
32 core server with 128GB RAM + NVMe disks