Mailing List Archive

Alpine Linux / musl libc support
Building varnish on Alpine Linux currently requires a few patches:
https://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/tree/main/varnish?h=3.5-stable

It'd be great if the compatibility can be incorporated upstream, especially
for the benefit of those of us who need to build from source.
Re: Alpine Linux / musl libc support [ In reply to ]
On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 9:41 AM, Teoh Han Hui <teohhanhui@gmail.com> wrote:
> Building varnish on Alpine Linux currently requires a few patches:
> https://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/tree/main/varnish?h=3.5-stable
>
> It'd be great if the compatibility can be incorporated upstream, especially
> for the benefit of those of us who need to build from source.

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know. I'm currently taking care of the mode_t patch.

Regarding the Werror patch, it would be more helpful to know the
warnings that are failing the build instead of disabling them. Also
the comment says it was for Varnish 4.1.3, is it still needed with
later releases?

I don't know any better abouut the libvarnishcompat patch.

And finally the epoll patch looks OK but maybe we could make sure we
create the thread with a large-enough stack in the first place.

Thanks,
Dridi