so, would appreciate if you could share the steps or related documents.

Thanks,
Pinakee

Re: A/B testing [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

Here's an article about this using VCS
https://info.varnish-software.com/blog/live-ab-testing-varnish-and-vcs

If you don't use VCS, the logic is the same, but you'll need to aggregate
data from the whole cluster by yourself.

The idea is that each user gets a group, either A or B, and get a cookie to
track this. Then, you change the request of the element you are testing
according to that group (for example, you change /button.gif to
/buttonA.gif)., and you log this access (either "AccessA" or "AccessB")
Then, when a user triggers a conversion (button is clicked, for example),
you log it (either "ConversionA" or "ConversionB").

You can then count the occurences of each, and get the conversion rate by
dividing (number of ConversionX) by (number of AccessX). The group with the
highest ratio wins.

Logging can be done using std.log() in vcl and checking varnishlog, or by
settin a header and then using varnishncsa.

--
Guillaume Quintard