Hope someone can confirm or advise.

Many thanks,

Myles
Re: Which version of Varnish to install? [ In reply to ]
--------
In message <7e1b8433-5024-5930-147e-969b286a1166@magicalwonders.com>, Magical W
onders writes:

>My machine is running CENTOS 6.8 x86_64 virtuozzo. From searching around
>it looks like version 4.1 of Varnish would be the one to install?

I'm obviously biased, but I would tell you to wait a couple of days
and then install the 5.1 release we're rolling tomorrow.

(Or clone our github repos and get a headstart! :-)

phk@FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe

Re: Which version of Varnish to install? [ In reply to ]
On 14/03/2017 18:58, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:--------

> In message <7e1b8433-5024-5930-147e-969b286a1166@magicalwonders.com>, Magical W
> onders writes:
>
>> My machine is running CENTOS 6.8 x86_64 virtuozzo. From searching around
>> it looks like version 4.1 of Varnish would be the one to install?
> I'm obviously biased, but I would tell you to wait a couple of days
> and then install the 5.1 release we're rolling tomorrow.
>
> (Or clone our github repos and get a headstart! :-)
Hi Poul,

Thanks for the advice on that. I'm happy to wait a couple of days! :-)

I'll probably be asking my host if they will install it for me. I'm OK
with the front end stuff, but not so knowledgeable with the server side
of things. Having said that, from what I can see, installation looks
fairly straightforward? :-)

I have a couple of other questions before proceeding. Is it preferable
to ask them using separate subject lines?
Re: Which version of Varnish to install? [ In reply to ]
--------
In message <b8425291-07ec-064c-f1f3-a5e4282e0fc8@magicalwonders.com>, Magical W
onders writes:

>I have a couple of other questions before proceeding. Is it preferable
>to ask them using separate subject lines?

If they're totally unrelated, that's probably a good idea, but we're
not that strict here on the -misc list.

Re: Which version of Varnish to install? [ In reply to ]
On 14/03/2017 20:07, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> --------
> In message <b8425291-07ec-064c-f1f3-a5e4282e0fc8@magicalwonders.com>, Magical W
> onders writes:
>
>> I have a couple of other questions before proceeding. Is it preferable
>> to ask them using separate subject lines?
> If they're totally unrelated, that's probably a good idea, but we're
> not that strict here on the -misc list.

Ok, great. Thanks. I'll make them separate.:-)

Myles