Mailing List Archive

Travis CI and Coverity Scan integration
Static salutations,

We haven't had a Coverity Scan build since Dec 6th despite having a
Travis cron job responsible for submitting builds, and allegedly
submitting them successfully.

See for example the latest job:

https://travis-ci.org/github/varnishcache/varnish-cache/builds/752636440#L1209-L1210

An yet, nothing showed up.

Our Travis CI configuration currently handles Coverity Scan builds
manually, but there is a Travis CI addon that should spare us a lot of
trouble. I have used it in my cashpack project for a while. When I put
this setup in place, Travis build stages didn't exist and it was really
cumbersome but I experimented with it and ended up with the following
changes:

https://github.com/Dridi/cashpack/compare/8d31c2b...a53aed9?w=1

It's easier to look at individual diffs. In the case of cashpack, it's
not a cron job that triggers static analysis but a dedicated branch.
There's too little traffic on the master branch to justify a cron job.

My key takeaways:

- the Travis CI addon requires less maintenance
- the addon's output is much more detailed
- stages make conditionals simpler

See this build for example:

https://travis-ci.org/github/Dridi/cashpack/builds/752960297

We already have stages in our Travis CI build, is there anyone
objecting to replacing our handrolled integration with the addon?

I will time this question out in one week in the absence of a
convincing objection.

Statically,
Dridi
Re: Travis CI and Coverity Scan integration [ In reply to ]
--------
Dridi Boukelmoune writes:

No objections.

phk@FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe
Re: Travis CI and Coverity Scan integration [ In reply to ]
I am fine with changing the coverity integration, but I would not be too
optimistic about doing so to fix the issue. After all, the scan results are
available, it is just that the status page does not get updated and we do not
receive scan result emails.

I had already emailed the coverity scan admin address on Monday.

Nils