Mailing List Archive

open source parallel esi for varnish-cache
We do not regularly announce new Varnish modules (VMODs) on this list, and the
only reason why we are making an exception today, is our understanding that a
module released yesterday may be of wider interest.

On
https://code.uplex.de/uplex-varnish/libvdp-pesi
https://gitlab.com/uplex/varnish/libvdp-pesi (mirror)

we have released a Varnish Delivery Processor (VDP) for parallel ESI processing,
which can deliver relevant speedups where portions of ESI-processed objects are
not served from cache.

The module has been labeled as "mature" in the vmod directory[1] because it has
been run in production at the primary sponsor's ESI-heavy high capacity site for
about two years now.

The master branch has been tested against the current varnish-cache master
branch and we will maintain the code base going forward. We do not plan to
publicly release branches for past varnish-cache releases.

For community support, please use gitlab issues at
https://gitlab.com/uplex/varnish/libvdp-pesi/-/issues

For commercial support inquiries, please contact varnish-support@uplex.de

Besides our primary, unnamed sponsor who has made open source pESI for
varnish-cache possible, we thank BoardGameGeek[2] for their support of the
public open source release.

Nils

--

[1] https://varnish-cache.org/vmods/