Mailing List Archive

Import from Trac-Wiki-pages to Confluence
Trac Team,

We are looking for support/guidance here.

We have an old Trac based wiki system for managing our application
documentation [having around 2500+ parent and child pages]. Further we are
now trying to identify ways to migrate the wiki documentation pages from
Trac-Wiki (1.0.18 version) on to the Confluence (7.19.1 version) system.

Is there a way to do this automatically with the help of some already
defined solution? Such that we are able to migrate both the parent and
child wiki pages at the same time? And also on how to do the bulk
documents/pages upload from trac-wiki to Confluence?

[ About *Trac*: https://trac.edgewall.org/ ]

[ About *Confluence*: https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence ]

FYI - I have also raised a ticket in this regard at Confluence support end
[Altassian community]. Refer below ticket.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Import-from-Trac-Wiki-pages-to-Confluence/qaq-p/2244131

Thanks & Regards,

Sumit Shrivastava

Re: Import from Trac-Wiki-pages to Confluence [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 10:44:30?AM UTC-7 sumit.sh...@verizon.com
[...]

I've done it twice by using an old version of Confluence, something like
Confluence 6, which UWC (or was that a plugin?) as described in these

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Import-from-Trac-Wiki-pages-to-Confluence/qaq-p/2244131

Step 2, export from that Confluence and you can import into Confluence
cloud.

/wiki/admin/importspace/importconfluencespace.action

[image: Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 10.50.21.png]

It was pretty difficult to do and the formatting was not all that great.

I also migrated tickets to JIRA in both instances so I could be confusing
this a bit with that operation. It was a long time ago.

Re: Import from Trac-Wiki-pages to Confluence [ In reply to ]
As an intermediate step, you may also benefit from one of the following
plugins:
https://trac-hacks.org/tags/export?wiki=on

Benefits:
- review columns in terms of sortorder, mandatory/optional, data types
- ability to perform data cleansing, for example removal of non-printable
characters, or applying of date-formatting
- decide on where the images are going to go, since Trac and Confluence
will differ on that.

Note: only some of the plugins will work, but since you are running Trac on
Python2 I expect at least the newer ones to generate output.

-- figaro