Mailing List Archive

Replacing Zanmmad
Hello everybody,

as we are going to replace Zammad as Ticket server and already are using
Trac for internal development for a long time now, I would like to evaluate
if Trac can replace Zammad in some of the following usecases, if there are
any trac-hacks towards this idea?

First I'm going to describe what Zammad is currently doing:

Importing tickets from different channels, mainly via email. That means
that Zammad is listening on an customer email mailbox and creating new
tickets for every new mail. Mail threads are recognized as posts to
existing tickets.

Replying to a ticket is possible in an internal or public way. Public means
the original channel which is email gets the message back as email.

Customers are grouped by email domain and it's possible to search for all
tickets belonging to some "foocompany.org".

All the other stuff is the usual ticketing stuff, where a ticket belongs to
a user (called agent in Zammad) that is responsible for a ticket, and
tickets run a ticket life cycle with states and stuff, all what Trac
already is made for.

Best regards,
Mo