is set; similar to
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27674602/hide-traceback-unless-a-debug-flag-is-set
?

Re: disabling details in tracebacks? [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 3:55:09 PM UTC-5 ter...@gmail.com wrote:

Is there already a supported way to disable tracebacks unless a debug flag
is set; similar to
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27674602/hide-traceback-unless-a-debug-flag-is-set
?

Do you mean tracebacks rendered on internal errors? I believe those should
only be shown for users with TRAC_ADMIN permission.
https://trac.edgewall.org/browser/tags/trac-1.4.3/trac/web/main.py?marks=736#L719

Re: disabling details in tracebacks? [ In reply to ]
Ah, ok I should explain more what I'm after. The traceback is always
provided in the response, but the Trac code filters it out. For example,
one can do:

curl -s "trac-site/bad-url"

And in the server response will be a traceback, like:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/trac/web/main.py",
line 610, in dispatch_request
dispatcher.dispatch(req)
[...]

Nessus sees the path information in the traceback and calls it a
vulnerability. ( https://www.tenable.com/plugins/nessus/57640 )

I'd like to disable the traceback unless I do something like set "debug=1"
in trac.ini or something similar.

As of now, I've manually edited "site-packages/trac/__init__.py" to include:

import sys
sys.tracebacklimit=0
Which does the trick. However, that change will be overwritten for every
new install/upgrade.