PostgreSQL/psycopg2.

My password contains '@' twice and the installer barfs at that.

I've tried all the quote characters known to me (``, `', '', "", ||)
around the password and also tried backslashing the @ symbols and
doubling them - all to no avail.

How can I use my existing database password?

Thanks

Mike

Re: Trac psycopg2 connection string escape character [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jun 2, 2022 at 4:04 PM Mike Dewhirst <miked@dewhirst.com.au> wrote:

> I'm trying to install Trac 1.5.3 on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS server using
> PostgreSQL/psycopg2.
>
> My password contains '@' twice and the installer barfs at that.
>
> I've tried all the quote characters known to me (``, `', '', "", ||)
> around the password and also tried backslashing the @ symbols and
> doubling them - all to no avail.
>
> How can I use my existing database password?

See https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracEnvironment#DatabaseConnectionStrings

The page says: Note that if the username or password of the connection
string (if applicable) contains the :, / or @ characters, they need to
be URL encoded.

--
Jun Omae <jun66j5@gmail.com> (?? ?)

Re: Trac psycopg2 connection string escape character [ In reply to ]
On 2/06/2022 5:13 pm, Jun Omae wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 2, 2022 at 4:04 PM Mike Dewhirst <miked@dewhirst.com.au> wrote:
>> I'm trying to install Trac 1.5.3 on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS server using
>> PostgreSQL/psycopg2.
>>
>> My password contains '@' twice and the installer barfs at that.
>>
>> I've tried all the quote characters known to me (``, `', '', "", ||)
>> around the password and also tried backslashing the @ symbols and
>> doubling them - all to no avail.
>>
>> How can I use my existing database password?
> See https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracEnvironment#DatabaseConnectionStrings
>
> The page says: Note that if the username or password of the connection
> string (if applicable) contains the :, / or @ characters, they need to
> be URL encoded.

Many thanks - that worked :-)

Mike

--
Signed email is an absolute defence against phishing. This email has
been signed with my private key. If you import my public key you can