Mailing List Archive

AccountManagerPlugin forTrac 1.6
As it stands, TicketReminderPlugin is the last plugin I'm using in my
production server that doesn't have a Python 3 solution. This is a fairly
large plugin, but I use the capabilities for users to change their
passwords, as well as to be able to create accounts and reset passwords.

I was hoping / expecting that someone might be working on this plugin,
which is why I left it for last. However, I haven't seen activity on it,
so I ended up starting the process myself. I got through the generic
Python 3 mods, made a rough draft of some of the templates, and got the
password change feature working in preferences (using digest
authentication). The Notification panel seems to show up OK, and the top
part of the Users panel. However, the pagination area is not implemented.
As of yet, I have not tackled something quite like that and I'll have to
spend time investigating how to do it.

I just mention this in case someone else is working on this plugin. I
would be happy to wait a while for an update if someone else is spending
time on it, or to provide my partial solution if someone wants to pick it
up. If I don't hear from anyone, I'll probably just keep working on it as
time allows, FWIW.

- Dan

Re: AccountManagerPlugin forTrac 1.6 [ In reply to ]
Given that this plugin is also published on PyPi
(https://pypi.org/project/TicketReminderPlugin), are you okay to add some
classifiers to the setup file?
Sample: https://trac-hacks.org/browser/tagsplugin/trunk/setup.py

Thank you in advance

-- figaro

Re: AccountManagerPlugin forTrac 1.6 [ In reply to ]
I'll try to take a look when I get a chance. The rest of this week is
going to be very busy, though. Thanks for the sample.

= Dan

Re: AccountManagerPlugin forTrac 1.6 [ In reply to ]
Hi Dan,

I have published a series of patches for AccountManagerPlugin
here: https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/13720
Perhaps you can build on these.

Re: AccountManagerPlugin forTrac 1.6 [ In reply to ]
Ha. I knew someone would have done this. I just wasn't careful enough in
looking for it. Thanks much.

I noticed a couple discrepancies between our implementations. I'll look
into reconciling them at some point.

- Dan

Re: AccountManagerPlugin forTrac 1.6 [ In reply to ]
I did add the classifiers, though I'll admit they are almost identical to
the example. There are quite a few options to choose from.

My AccountManagerPlugin port is working OK for me. I attached the patch
set at Trac-Hacks. More work would need to be done to bring back the full
features of the Genshi version.

- Dan