Does anyone have thoughts as to how I could contribute back the changes?
Should I make a ticket for each one I update and attach the patch?

If I upload a patch for a plugin, should I tag it as compatible with 1.6?

If I have a really old plugin that I have maintained over the years, and
it's not included on Trac-Hacks, should I create a page for it? Maybe
attach the source?

Thanks in advance.

- Dan

Re: Various Plugin Patches for Trac 1.6 [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, April 6, 2022 at 4:24:39 PM UTC-7 Dan wrote:

> I'm working on updating a bunch of plugins to run on Trac 1.6. These
> would be referenced from TracHacks.
>
> Does anyone have thoughts as to how I could contribute back the changes?
> Should I make a ticket for each one I update and attach the patch?

Yes, that would be great. I will try to review them quickly. If they look
good we can grant you committer access after we review the first few.

> If I upload a patch for a plugin, should I tag it as compatible with 1.6?

That's fine, but I have a slight preference for waiting until the patch is
committed before adding the tag.

> If I have a really old plugin that I have maintained over the years, and
> it's not included on Trac-Hacks, should I create a page for it? Maybe
> attach the source?

Sure. Even better if we can commit the source into SVN. I can do that for
you, or you could register an account. To be honest our account
registration process may be broken, but just ping me and I'll help out.
https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/rjollos

> Thanks in advance.
>
> - Dan

Thank you for your contributions!

Ryan

Re: Various Plugin Patches for Trac 1.6 [ In reply to ]
I'm getting closer to sending the patches.

FWIW, here's a list of plugins for which I have updates:

- ccselectorplugin
- childticketsplugin (very minor change to templates to remove unused
table heading)
- emoticonsplugin
- exportimportxlsplugin
- projectmenuplugin
- timingandestimationplugin
- tracdragdropplugin
- trachtmlnotificationplugin
- traciniadminpanelplugin
- wikicalendarmacro
- wikiextrasplugin

I also noticed setup.py for tagsplugin doesn't start with a python header
(e.g. #!/usr/bin/env python), which is very minor. I started working on
porting "moviemacro" but I have seldom used it and not sure it's really
usable anyway.

The other plugin I alluded to is "ticketvalidation" which I have used for a
long time. At one time I got a recommendation to use dynamicfieldsplugin,
but that plugin doesn't handle a case for the ticket status that I have
been using. (We require a custom "root cause" field to be filled in when
we send a ticket to a custom "reviewing" state when the ticket is a defect.)

I also have some comments and possible changes for tracwysiwygplugin, but
there has been work on that recently, and I need to rethink it a little
bit. The mods I have been using are only minor/cosmetic and relate to the
toolbar.

- Dan

Re: Various Plugin Patches for Trac 1.6 [ In reply to ]

Thanks, fixed in: https://trac-hacks.org/changeset/18472

Re: Various Plugin Patches for Trac 1.6 [ In reply to ]
On Friday, April 8, 2022 at 11:19:14 AM UTC-4 Dan wrote:

> I'm getting closer to sending the patches.

Some of those I've committed without testing, so if you are able to plugin
the latest version and confirm it, that would give me more confidence that
something didn't go wrong.

Re: Various Plugin Patches for Trac 1.6 [ In reply to ]
OK, thanks! I'll try to find some time soon.

- Dan

Re: Various Plugin Patches for Trac 1.6 [ In reply to ]
I did some updates on my Trac-Hacks SVN checkouts, and at least the ones I
checked seem to coincide fine. I guess drag and drop might have been done
already, and uses interesting mechanisms for compatibility. As far as
WYSIWYG, I see it was fixed a slightly different way, which I'm glad since
sometimes I need extra eyes.

As far as account manager plugin, I have all features working right now
that I would normally use (except maybe the configuration wizard). I'll
need to look into making the mods a bit cleaner, and maybe I'll look into
converting/testing some features that I find are relatively within my reach.

Thanks again to everyone involved.

- Dan