Mailing List Archive

wrong display of non-ascii-characters in UTF-8-svg
I learned, that it is not a bug ( https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/13471 ),
so I hope someone can help us with the server configuration?

If I upload an svg file in UTF-8 encoding as an ticket attachment,
containing Umlaute like ä, ö, ü, it diplays wrong characters for the
umlaute.

Inside the ticket comment referencing the image, as well as on the
attachment itself.

It seems not to be a problem of uploading, since on the server inside
/env/files/attachments/ticket the svg is correctly, bitwise identical as I
have uploaded it.

It is also not a question of my browser: If I open my original svg in
Firefox, it displays correctly, if I open the one that trac delivers,
either inside the ticket comment using the image, or directly under the
raw-attachment/-URL or on the preview page under /attachment/ticket-URL, it
fails. If I convert the svg from UTF-8 to ANSI and upload it, it works
well. I already added svg to the trac.ini:
[mimeviewer]
mime_map =
text/x-dylan:dylan,text/x-idl:ice,text/x-ada:ads:adb,image/svg+xml:svg
mime_map_patterns =
text/plain:README(?!\.rst)|INSTALL(?!\.rst)|COPYING.*,image/svg+xml:.*svg

Thank You very much.

Re: wrong display of non-ascii-characters in UTF-8-svg [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, March 23, 2022 at 9:00:24 AM UTC-7 gau...@gmail.com wrote:

> I learned, that it is not a bug ( https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/13471
> ), so I hope someone can help us with the server configuration?
>
> If I upload an svg file in UTF-8 encoding as an ticket attachment,
> containing Umlaute like ä, ö, ü, it diplays wrong characters for the
> umlaute.
>
> Inside the ticket comment referencing the image, as well as on the
> attachment itself.
>
> It seems not to be a problem of uploading, since on the server inside
> /env/files/attachments/ticket the svg is correctly, bitwise identical as I
> have uploaded it.
>
> It is also not a question of my browser: If I open my original svg in
> Firefox, it displays correctly, if I open the one that trac delivers,
> either inside the ticket comment using the image, or directly under the
> raw-attachment/-URL or on the preview page under /attachment/ticket-URL,
> it fails. If I convert the svg from UTF-8 to ANSI and upload it, it works
> well. I already added svg to the trac.ini:
> [mimeviewer]
> mime_map =
> text/x-dylan:dylan,text/x-idl:ice,text/x-ada:ads:adb,image/svg+xml:svg
> mime_map_patterns =
> text/plain:README(?!\.rst)|INSTALL(?!\.rst)|COPYING.*,image/svg+xml:.*svg
>
> Thank You very much.

Are you running TracStandalone, or Trac w/ Apache, Nginx, etc...?

Re: wrong display of non-ascii-characters in UTF-8-svg [ In reply to ]
With apache2 on a debian system.

Re: Re: wrong display of non-ascii-characters in UTF-8-svg [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Mar 24, 2022 at 10:08 PM Gauner <gauner1@gmail.com> wrote:

> With apache2 on a debian system.

I consider the issue is caused by wrong server configurations and/or
wrong svg file.

- I don't have knowledge about Trac package with Apache in Debian system.
- Please provide Trac and Apache configurations.
- Are you using tracd with Apache, or mod_wsgi on Apache? Please
provide the detail of your apache.
- Please provide response headers for raw-attachment URL of the svg file
- Please share the svg file

--
Jun Omae <jun66j5@gmail.com> (?? ?)

Re: Re: wrong display of non-ascii-characters in UTF-8-svg [ In reply to ]
Hey, thank You for looking at it.

After looking in the headers with curl, I saw that for the non working
display environment:
comes back.
Then I searched all apache .confs - nowhere is set anything like
AddDefaultCharset iso-8859-15 or AddCharset iso-8859-15
and even adding
AddCharset utf-8 .svg
in the approbiate apache-trac.conf didn't have any effect.
Now I figured out, that there's a trac.ini setting:
[trac]
default_charset = iso-8859-15
which has to go to
[trac]
default_charset = utf-8

With this all works well.

So, I appreciate all help I received, even though this time it was totally
leading me in the wrong direction. ;-)