subject line to add "Ticket Reminder" or something like that.

Is the proper way to deal with this problem to subclass TicketChangeEvent
and TicketFormatter? I haven't tried it yet, but seems like that might
work. Unfortunately TicketFormatter has the "realm" hard-coded to
'ticket', so it seems I can't really re-use some of the functions that I'd
like to; I'd have to re-implement them.

I'd appreciate any words of wisdom.

- Dan

Re: Ticket Reminder e-mails [ In reply to ]
FWIW, I ended up just pasting in the related code from Trac and
TracHtmlNotificationPlugin. Works OK as far as I can tell after limited
testing, but I should clean up the code a bit.

It seems like the author has basically left this plugin unchanged for about
four years (the source is on gitHub), so I'm assuming he wouldn't be
interested in looking over the changes. In the past, I have worked with
Ryan on plugin mods, though via tickets. (Thanks very much, by the way,
for all the help over the years.) I'm not sure how/where would be the best
way to get the updated plugin into the Trac ecosytem.

I'm kind of looking forward to (and also dreading) the port to Python 3 for
all the plugins I've been using lol.

Thanks!

- Dan

Re: Re: Ticket Reminder e-mails [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 4:43 AM Dan <dan.mahn@digidescorp.com> wrote:
> It seems like the author has basically left this plugin unchanged for about four years (the source is on gitHub), so I'm assuming he wouldn't be interested in looking over the changes.

The latest of plugin source is on trac-hacks.org:

https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TracHtmlNotificationPlugin
https://trac-hacks.org/svn/trachtmlnotificationplugin
https://trac-hacks.org/browser/trachtmlnotificationplugin

Also, I made the repository on github.com private.

--
Jun Omae <jun66j5@gmail.com> (?? ?)

Re: Re: Ticket Reminder e-mails [ In reply to ]
On Monday, March 14, 2022 at 6:12:05 PM UTC-5 Jun Omae wrote:

> https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TracHtmlNotificationPlugin

Thanks, Jun. But the plugin I'm actually working on is the
TicketReminderPlugin

https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TicketReminderPlugin

I did take some code from TracHtmlNotificationPlugin and grafted it into
the reminder plugin so it could send HTML reminder e-mails, though.

The source code and issues for TicketReminderPlugin are on GitHub

https://github.com/trac-hacks/trac-ticketreminder/issues

At this point I'm wondering how to contribute my modifications to
TicketReminderPlugin. For other plugins I've worked on, I just posted
patches on trac-hacks via tickets there; however, this plugin is mostly
managed on GitHub. It looks like there are a few forks as well, which I
did not investigate at first. I suppose I could post the patches or new
source code on GitHub somehow. Although I'm somewhat familiar with GitHub,
I have never really used it much.

Thanks again.

- Dan

Re: Re: Ticket Reminder e-mails [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday, March 15, 2022 at 7:37:07 AM UTC-7 Dan wrote:

> At this point I'm wondering how to contribute my modifications to
> TicketReminderPlugin. For other plugins I've worked on, I just posted
> patches on trac-hacks via tickets there; however, this plugin is mostly
> managed on GitHub. It looks like there are a few forks as well, which I
> did not investigate at first. I suppose I could post the patches or new
> source code on GitHub somehow. Although I'm somewhat familiar with GitHub,
> I have never really used it much.

On GitHub, the workflow is to fork the repository, put your changes on a
branch, and then create a pull request against the source repository.

Re: Re: Ticket Reminder e-mails [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday, March 15, 2022 at 11:23:46 AM UTC-5 RjOllos wrote:

> On GitHub, the workflow is to fork the repository, put your changes on a
> branch, and then create a pull request against the source repository.

Thanks. I did it.

- Dan

Re: Re: Ticket Reminder e-mails [ In reply to ]
I ended up testing TicketReminderPlugin with Trac 1.5.4 and made some
adjustments for that as well. My standard test installation is 1.4.2. I"m
using Ubuntu LTS under WSL.

While I've been using Python 3 since before it came out, I really only use
it for test scripts (and now updating Trac plugins). So, some of my mods
might be improved. Let me know if you have any comments.

Thanks again.

- Dan

Re: Re: Ticket Reminder e-mails [ In reply to ]
I've started to put this into production on our Trac 1.4.2 server, FWIW.