Mailing List Archive

Getting a Warning and questions about migrating from version 0.12 to 1.4x
Lately people have been getting this warning when adding a comment to a
Trac.

"Warning: The change has been saved, but an error occurred while sending
notifications: (421, '4.7.66 TLS 1.0 and 1.1 are not supported. Please
upgrade/update your client to support TLS 1.2. Visit
https://aka.ms/smtp_auth_tls. [BN0PR10CA0028.namprd10.prod.outlook.com
<http://bn0pr10ca0028.namprd10.prod.outlook.com/>]')"

Is there an easy way to fix this issue or do I need to upgrade/update our
Trac software?

If the latter is true, I am the one that has been tasked with updating the
Trac server's OS and the Trac software. Aside from using the GUI, I have
no experience with this software and I'm not very proficient with Linux. I
know that's a bad starting point but, I'm willing to try learn what I can.
The person that initially setup our Trac server hasn't worked for our
company for a while and it's fallen to me to address updating this
product. In my opinion, it seems like it might be easier to start with a
new machine, with the latest OS on it, and then see if I can migrate the
existing machine's data over to the new machine. Is this, in fact, easier
or is there another path that might be smarter and more efficient?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Re: Getting a Warning and questions about migrating from version 0.12 to 1.4x [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, December 16, 2021 at 7:57:49 AM UTC-5 branp...@gmail.com wrote:

> Lately people have been getting this warning when adding a comment to a
> Trac.
>
> "Warning: The change has been saved, but an error occurred while sending
> notifications: (421, '4.7.66 TLS 1.0 and 1.1 are not supported. Please
> upgrade/update your client to support TLS 1.2. Visit
> https://aka.ms/smtp_auth_tls. [BN0PR10CA0028.namprd10.prod.outlook.com
> <http://bn0pr10ca0028.namprd10.prod.outlook.com/>]')"
>
> Is there an easy way to fix this issue or do I need to upgrade/update our
> Trac software?

What OS are you running now?

> If the latter is true, I am the one that has been tasked with updating the
> Trac server's OS and the Trac software. Aside from using the GUI, I have
> no experience with this software and I'm not very proficient with Linux. I
> know that's a bad starting point but, I'm willing to try learn what I can.
> The person that initially setup our Trac server hasn't worked for our
> company for a while and it's fallen to me to address updating this
> product. In my opinion, it seems like it might be easier to start with a
> new machine, with the latest OS on it, and then see if I can migrate the
> existing machine's data over to the new machine. Is this, in fact, easier
> or is there another path that might be smarter and more efficient?

Migrate might be easiest. The process is fairly straightforward and we'd be
happy to give you pointers here.

Re: Getting a Warning and questions about migrating from version 0.12 to 1.4x [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 9:57 PM B Payne <branpayne69@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Warning: The change has been saved, but an error occurred while sending notifications: (421, '4.7.66 TLS 1.0 and 1.1 are not supported. Please upgrade/update your client to support TLS 1.2. Visit https://aka.ms/smtp_auth_tls. [BN0PR10CA0028.namprd10.prod.outlook.com]')"

Try to upgrade Python to 2.7.9 or later, which support TLS 1.2.

--
Jun Omae <jun66j5@gmail.com> (?? ?)

Re: Getting a Warning and questions about migrating from version 0.12 to 1.4x [ In reply to ]

Re: Getting a Warning and questions about migrating from version 0.12 to 1.4x [ In reply to ]
On Friday, December 17, 2021 at 11:46:12 AM UTC-5 RjOllos wrote:

> Migrate might be easiest. The process is fairly straightforward and we'd
> be happy to give you pointers here.

I will take any advice you have to offer.

Trac - 0.12rc1
CustomFieldAdmin - 0.2.2
Genshi - 0.6
mod_python - 3.2.8
pysqlite - 2.6.0
Python - 2.4.3 (#1, Sep 3 2009, 15:37:12) [GCC 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat
4.1.2-46)]
setuptools - 0.6c5
SQLite - 3.6.23.1
Subversion - 1.6.11 (r934486)
jQuery: - 1.4.2

Thank you again.

Re: Getting a Warning and questions about migrating from version 0.12 to 1.4x [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 6:21:18 AM UTC-8 branp...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Friday, December 17, 2021 at 11:46:12 AM UTC-5 RjOllos wrote:
>
>> Migrate might be easiest. The process is fairly straightforward and we'd
>> be happy to give you pointers here.
>>

> I will take any advice you have to offer.
>
> Trac - 0.12rc1
> CustomFieldAdmin - 0.2.2
> Genshi - 0.6
> mod_python - 3.2.8
> pysqlite - 2.6.0
> Python - 2.4.3 (#1, Sep 3 2009, 15:37:12) [GCC 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat
> 4.1.2-46)]
> setuptools - 0.6c5
> SQLite - 3.6.23.1
> Subversion - 1.6.11 (r934486)
> jQuery: - 1.4.2
>
> Thank you again.

That's pretty old, and like Jun said you need to move to Python 2.7.9 or
later. The easiest option may be to use Turnkey Linux or a Bitnami VM:
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/CommercialServices#VirtualAppliances