What i wanna do is react one a action like creation of a ticket and fire of
some infos in a payload in a request to a rest api. So i would a simple
pointer on how to hook into the workflow after the ticket is created.

My idea os to send notifications to a teams channel when someone created a
ticket, maybe later build something to accept it form there but for now
simply get the ticket infos into teams

cheers

MArkus

Re: ITicketChangeListener usecase [ In reply to ]
This sounds interesting. Sending messages to a Teams group would
perhaps wake up some of our users..

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 9:54 AM Markus Rosjat <markus.rosjat@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ryan,
>
> i know i could browse through the code and tryto find a proper example but since you know the code base you might be able to point me to something much quicker.
>
> What i wanna do is react one a action like creation of a ticket and fire of some infos in a payload in a request to a rest api. So i would a simple pointer on how to hook into the workflow after the ticket is created.
>
> My idea os to send notifications to a teams channel when someone created a ticket, maybe later build something to accept it form there but for now simply get the ticket infos into teams
>

> cheers
>
> MArkus

Roger Oberholtzer

Re: ITicketChangeListener usecase [ In reply to ]
Well the hard part is do provide user interface in track to configure what
to send. The actual delivery f the payload Idaho brainer after you
configure the connector in teams. Posting a message in python with requests
and a neon payload is a 3 liner

Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer@gmail.com> schrieb am Mi., 13. Okt.
2021, 11:34:

Re: ITicketChangeListener usecase [ In reply to ]
Sorry for the autocorrect stuff in my previous message!

Markus Rosjat <markus.rosjat@gmail.com> schrieb am Mi., 13. Okt. 2021,
12:10:

> Well the hard part is do provide user interface in track to configure
> what to send. The actual delivery f the payload

The delivery of the payload is a no brainer

Idaho brainer after you configure the connector in teams. Posting a
> message in python with requests and a neon payload is a 3 liner

Posting a json payload with requests is a 3 liner

Re: ITicketChangeListener usecase [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 12:54:52 AM UTC-7 markus...@gmail.com
wrote:

> Hi Ryan,
>
> i know i could browse through the code and tryto find a proper example but
> since you know the code base you might be able to point me to something
> much quicker.
>
> What i wanna do is react one a action like creation of a ticket and fire
> of some infos in a payload in a request to a rest api. So i would a simple
> pointer on how to hook into the workflow after the ticket is created.
>
> My idea os to send notifications to a teams channel when someone created a
> ticket, maybe later build something to accept it form there but for now
> simply get the ticket infos into teams
>

> cheers
>
> MArkus

There are pages documenting ITicketManipulator and ITicketChangeListener:
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracDev/PluginDevelopment/ExtensionPoints/trac.ticket.api.ITicketManipulator
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracDev/PluginDevelopment/ExtensionPoints/trac.ticket.api.ITicketChangeListener

The former is sometimes used when you need access to the request object,
otherwise the latter is probably more straightforward for your use case.

Ryan

Re: Re: ITicketChangeListener usecase [ In reply to ]
Hi Ryan,

yeah the 2nd link seems to be the stuff that could help.

Thanks

MArkus

Re: Re: ITicketChangeListener usecase [ In reply to ]
so here would be a very basic proof of concept for code that sends a
notification to a teams channel.

https://gist.github.com/rosjat/e63dac514858c98f5ce22ee24c928f24

as i said very basic, not really planned but as a proof of concept more
then enough i guess. There is no way to customize things since it just
shows the idea

cheers

Markus

Re: Re: ITicketChangeListener usecase [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

I just started to play around a little more and got some basics started
here https://github.com/rosjat/TracTicketMSTeamsDispatcherPlugin
this is just to get me going with stuff and might never evolve to something
useful but at least there is a repo and if someone is intersted in input or
cooperation there is a place to start.

Cheers

Markus