The command to start the environment is following:
tracd -p 8000 --auth="C:\tracprojects, C:\tracprojects,Company.com"
C:\tracprojects

On Start it produces an Error in the CMD:
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\tracprojects'

Im using the Standalone Trac Server with version 1.4.3

Im executing the cmd as Administrator and the account has highest
privilege. Am i missing something here?

Re: tracd not starting when using Auth [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 2:47:05 AM UTC-7 deni...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I'm having an issue starting the Environment while using an authentication
> method.
>
> The command to start the environment is following:
> tracd -p 8000 --auth="C:\tracprojects, C:\tracprojects,Company.com"
> C:\tracprojects
>
> On Start it produces an Error in the CMD:
> IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\tracprojects'
>
> Im using the Standalone Trac Server with version 1.4.3
>
> Im executing the cmd as Administrator and the account has highest
> privilege. Am i missing something here?

In the comma-separated auth string, argument 1 must be a Trac environment
directory, argument 2 must be the path to the htdigest password file:
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracStandalone#UsingAuthentication

Ryan

Re: tracd not starting when using Auth [ In reply to ]
Dear Ryan,

Apologize, i havent realised that the File itself needs to be stated in the
argument: tracd -p 8000 --auth="C:\tracprojects,
C:\tracprojects\trac.htdigest,Company.com" C:\tracprojects

Like this it worked and i could also create and write a User into the file
through Trac. However i noticed that when clicking on the Login Page, i
get the usual error when the authentication is not set up.
Authentication information not available. Please refer to the installation
documentation
<http://localhost:8008/tracprojects/wiki/TracInstall#ConfiguringAuthentication>
.
But i followed the instructions from:
https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/AccountManagerPlugin/AuthStores#HtDigestStore
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracStandalone#UsingAuthentication
Am i Missing something?

[components]
acct_mgr.admin.* = enabled
acct_mgr.api.* = enabled
acct_mgr.db.sessionstore = disabled
acct_mgr.guard.accountguard = disabled
acct_mgr.htfile.htdigeststore = enabled
acct_mgr.htfile.htpasswdstore = disabled
acct_mgr.http.* = disabled
acct_mgr.model.* = disabled
acct_mgr.notification.* = enabled
acct_mgr.pwhash.* = disabled
acct_mgr.pwhash.htdigesthashmethod = enabled
acct_mgr.register.* = enabled
acct_mgr.register.emailverificationmodule = enabled
acct_mgr.register.registrationmodule = enabled
acct_mgr.svnserve.svnservepasswordstore = disabled
acct_mgr.web_ui.* = enabled
acct_mgr.web_ui.loginmodule = disabled
acct_mgr.web_ui.resetpwstore = enabled
trac.web.auth.loginmodule = enabled
tracopt.ticket.commit_updater.* = enabled

[account-manager]
allow_delete_account = enabled
auth_init = disabled
email_regexp = (?i)^[A-Z0-9._%+-]+@(?:[A-Z0-9-]+\.)+[A-Z0-9-]{2,63}$
force_passwd_change = enabled
generated_password_length = 8
htdigest_file = C:\tracprojects\trac.htdigest
htdigest_realm = Company
login_attempt_max_count = 0
password_store = HtDigestStore
refresh_passwd = disabled
register_basic_question =
register_basic_token =
register_check = BasicCheck,EmailCheck,UsernamePermCheck
require_approval = enabled
reset_password = enabled
user_lock_max_time = 86400
user_lock_time = 0
user_lock_time_progression = 1
username_regexp = (?i)^[A-Z0-9.\-_]{5,}$
verify_email = enabled

Re: tracd not starting when using Auth [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 1:05:49 AM UTC-7 deni...@gmail.com wrote:

> Dear Ryan,
>
> Apologize, i havent realised that the File itself needs to be stated in
> the argument: tracd -p 8000 --auth="C:\tracprojects,
> C:\tracprojects\trac.htdigest,Company.com" C:\tracprojects

Is "C:\tracprojects" a Trac environment directory? I would guess based on
the name that it is a directory that contains environments, like:

C:\tracprojects\environment1
C:\tracprojects\environment2

If it's an environment directory it should contain these files:

VERSION conf/ files/ log/ templates/
README cache/ db/ htdocs/ plugins/

If not, change the first argument in the string to point to the Trac
environment directory rather than its parent.

Re: tracd not starting when using Auth [ In reply to ]
"C:\tracprojects" is the Environment, since it has all the contents
inside. It also contains all the files mentioned above :
[image: screen.png]

Maybe my folder structure is not correct?

Re: Re: tracd not starting when using Auth [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 5:05 PM Deniz Yalcin <deniyalci@gmail.com> wrote:
> i havent realised that the File itself needs to be stated in the argument:
> tracd -p 8000 --auth="C:\tracprojects, C:\tracprojects\trac.htdigest,Company.com" C:\tracprojects

Should be:

tracd -p 8000 --auth="tracprojects,C:\tracprojects\trac.htdigest,Company.com"
C:\tracprojects

https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracStandalone#UsingAuthentication says
about the argument:

--
Jun Omae <jun66j5@gmail.com> (?? ?)

Re: Re: tracd not starting when using Auth [ In reply to ]
Worked, thanks a lot.