list I will only have the sub-themes of the chosen theme, even thing for
the 3rd, 4th and 5th list. I can't find how to do this when creating or
editing a ticket. Thanks for your help (the installed version is 1.2.2)

Re: linked drop-down lists to the creation of a new ticket, [ In reply to ]
On Monday, September 6, 2021 at 9:24:14 AM UTC-7 Morsi Masmoudi wrote:

> Hello, I want to add linked drop-down lists (5 lists) to the creation of a
> new ticket, for example I chose a theme in the first list and in the 2nd
> list I will only have the sub-themes of the chosen theme, even thing for
> the 3rd, 4th and 5th list. I can't find how to do this when creating or
> editing a ticket. Thanks for your help (the installed version is 1.2.2)

You'll need to use a plugin such as:
https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TracTicketChainedFieldsPlugin

Ryan

Re: linked drop-down lists to the creation of a new ticket, [ In reply to ]
Thank you, i will try it and tell you the result.

Re: linked drop-down lists to the creation of a new ticket, [ In reply to ]
After installing the plugin (Windows enviroment) i cant find " Chained
Fields" on Admin to edit the configuration.

Is ther any other method to edit configuration for chained Fields or how to
add "Chained Fields" to Admin ?

Thanks.

Re: linked drop-down lists to the creation of a new ticket, [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, September 9, 2021 at 1:27:42 AM UTC-7 Morsi Masmoudi wrote:

> After installing the plugin (Windows enviroment) i cant find " Chained
> Fields" on Admin to edit the configuration.
>
> Is ther any other method to edit configuration for chained Fields or how
> to add "Chained Fields" to Admin ?
>
> Thanks.

You may need to grant the TCF_ADMIN permission. It should probably be
changed to TICKET_ADMIN or TRAC_ADMIN. I don't see why a special permission
is necessary.
https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/14050

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please check that it is loading:
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracTroubleshooting#ChecktheLogs

Re: linked drop-down lists to the creation of a new ticket, [ In reply to ]
Hello, thank you very much for your help. My answer will be a bit long but
to be able to explain in detail what I did and to be able to find the error
and help me solve the problem.

I tried to add the TCF_ADMIN permission but not found a way to do it,
then I tried to see the log but , no output log file, Of cours the log is
active in trac.ini.

[image: log.png]

I then uninstalled the plugin to redo the whole procedure (i restart apache
afer removing the .egg file and all lines in trac.ini concerning your
plugin)

Step 1: Download the .zip and unzip it on the Windows server.
Step 2: Copy python.exe (2.7) into folder of plugin

[image: p1.png]
step3: Generate the .egg with the command "python setup.py bdist_egg"

[image: p2.png]

step 4: copy the generated egg file to the trac instance's plugin directory

[image: p3.png]

Step 5: adding lines to trac.ini file (tcf.* = enabled on [components],
[tcf].... and [ticket-custom])

Step 6: Restart apache

the log directory is empty. and still no configuration in the admin :(

[image: p4.png]

Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: linked drop-down lists to the creation of a new ticket, [ In reply to ]
On Friday, September 10, 2021 at 6:14:38 AM UTC-7 Morsi Masmoudi wrote:

> Hello, thank you very much for your help. My answer will be a bit long but
> to be able to explain in detail what I did and to be able to find the error
> and help me solve the problem.
>
> I tried to add the TCF_ADMIN permission but not found a way to do it,
> then I tried to see the log but , no output log file, Of cours the log is
> active in trac.ini.
>
> [image: log.png]
>
> I then uninstalled the plugin to redo the whole procedure (i restart
> apache afer removing the .egg file and all lines in trac.ini concerning
> your plugin)
>
> Step 1: Download the .zip and unzip it on the Windows server.
> Step 2: Copy python.exe (2.7) into folder of plugin
>
> [image: p1.png]
> step3: Generate the .egg with the command "python setup.py bdist_egg"
>
> [image: p2.png]
>
> step 4: copy the generated egg file to the trac instance's plugin directory
>
> [image: p3.png]
>
> Step 5: adding lines to trac.ini file (tcf.* = enabled on [components],
> [tcf].... and [ticket-custom])
>
> Step 6: Restart apache
>
> the log directory is empty. and still no configuration in the admin :(
>
> [image: p4.png]
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.

Step 2 is odd. You want Python.exe on your system path rather than copying
it.

Your log_format line is incorrect. Just delete that line from trac.ini so
that the default value is used. And set "log_type = file" rather than none.
You should have a non-empty log after doing that and restarting the
webserver.

Ryan