Mailing List Archive

TracWikiPrint - plugin install help
I have an Trac Windows install that was created from the binamai Windows
.exe installer.

I'm having trouble installing the WikiPrint plug-in directly through the
admin interface as an .egg. Does anybody know, if this is not supported.

I'm not very familiar with the pip package installer. Does this plug-in
require pip?

Re: TracWikiPrint - plugin install help [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 2:38:41 PM UTC-7 adam.t...@gmail.com wrote:

> I have an Trac Windows install that was created from the binamai Windows
> .exe installer.
>
> I'm having trouble installing the WikiPrint plug-in directly through the
> admin interface as an .egg. Does anybody know, if this is not supported.

It should work. Did you build the egg yourself?

To debug, you could check the logs:
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracTroubleshooting#ChecktheLogs

> I'm not very familiar with the pip package installer. Does this plug-in
> require pip?

Plugins don't require pip, but it is a good way to get the latest version.
https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracInstall#Usingpip

Which Trac version and are you installing the latest TracWikiPrint?
https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TracWikiPrintPlugin#RecentChanges

Ryan

Re: TracWikiPrint - plugin install help [ In reply to ]
Yes, I built the (trunk ver.) .egg myself from
https://trac-hacks.org/browser/tracwikiprintplugin?rev=18422&format=zip
Trac version is 1.4.3

Indeed there is debug log info:
2021-06-02 09:57:46,907 Trac[web_ui] INFO: Installing plugin
TracWikiPrint-4.0.0.dev0-py3.9.egg
2021-06-02 09:57:46,907 Trac[web_ui] INFO: Plugin
TracWikiPrint-4.0.0.dev0-py3.9.egg installed to c:\trac\bitnami trac stack
projects\wqm\plugins\TracWikiPrint-4.0.0.dev0-py3.9.egg

And I added this to the trac.ini in the components section:
[components]
wikiprint.*=enabled

However even after restarting there are no other errors or debug log
entries like 'Loading plugin "trac.wikiprint" regarding this plugin

Re: TracWikiPrint - plugin install help [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 8:10:24 AM UTC-7 adam.t...@gmail.com wrote:

> Yes, I built the (trunk ver.) .egg myself from
> https://trac-hacks.org/browser/tracwikiprintplugin?rev=18422&format=zip
> Trac version is 1.4.3
>
> Indeed there is debug log info:
> 2021-06-02 09:57:46,907 Trac[web_ui] INFO: Installing plugin
> TracWikiPrint-4.0.0.dev0-py3.9.egg
> 2021-06-02 09:57:46,907 Trac[web_ui] INFO: Plugin
> TracWikiPrint-4.0.0.dev0-py3.9.egg installed to c:\trac\bitnami trac stack
> projects\wqm\plugins\TracWikiPrint-4.0.0.dev0-py3.9.egg
>
> And I added this to the trac.ini in the components section:
> [components]
> wikiprint.*=enabled
>
> However even after restarting there are no other errors or debug log
> entries like 'Loading plugin "trac.wikiprint" regarding this plugin

Looks like the author changed the component names. Please try:

[components]
tracpdf.*=enabled

https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TracWikiPrintPlugin?action=diff&version=60

Ryan

Re: TracWikiPrint - plugin install help [ In reply to ]
Ryan,

Thanks for your help. Almost there. I now have this in the log after
rebuilding the .egg with the matching version of python on the server:

2021-06-02 14:55:03,007 Trac[loader] DEBUG: Skipping "TracWikiPrint
4.0.0.dev0": DistributionNotFound: The 'pdfkit' distribution was not found
and is required by TracWikiPrint
2021-06-02 14:55:03,007 Trac[loader] DEBUG: Skipping "TracWikiPrint
3.0.1.dev0": DistributionNotFound: The 'xhtml2pdf' distribution was not
found and is required by TracWikiPrint

However, I'm unsure where to install wkhtmltopdf.
https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TracWikiPrintPlugin simply states:

*Note:* wkhtmltopdf must be in your path or more precisely in the path used
by Trac.
What does this mean? The path to the bitnami trac python folder? The path
to the trac project? Or the full path to the project's plugin dir?

Re: TracWikiPrint - plugin install help [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 2:12:13 PM UTC-7 adam.t...@gmail.com wrote:

> Ryan,
>
> Thanks for your help. Almost there. I now have this in the log after
> rebuilding the .egg with the matching version of python on the server:
>
> 2021-06-02 14:55:03,007 Trac[loader] DEBUG: Skipping "TracWikiPrint
> 4.0.0.dev0": DistributionNotFound: The 'pdfkit' distribution was not found
> and is required by TracWikiPrint
> 2021-06-02 14:55:03,007 Trac[loader] DEBUG: Skipping "TracWikiPrint
> 3.0.1.dev0": DistributionNotFound: The 'xhtml2pdf' distribution was not
> found and is required by TracWikiPrint
>
> However, I'm unsure where to install wkhtmltopdf.
> https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TracWikiPrintPlugin simply states:
>
> *Note:* wkhtmltopdf must be in your path or more precisely in the path
> used by Trac.
> What does this mean? The path to the bitnami trac python folder? The
> path to the trac project? Or the full path to the project's plugin dir?

The pdfkit package should be on the python path. It might work to build
eggs and put them in the plugins folder. Or, just "pip install" the two
packages.

You'll want to delete the egg for TracWikiPrint 3.0.1.dev0 since you have
TracWikiPrint 4.0.0.dev0 installed.

Re: TracWikiPrint - plugin install help [ In reply to ]
It''s woking!

Installed .egg from here https://pypi.org/project/pdfkit/#files directly to
plugins directly through the admin interface

Thanks again

-Adam

Re: TracWikiPrint - plugin install help [ In reply to ]
I finally had a chance to re-visit this. Although the PDF kit is
installed. I'm receiving this message when trying to download a PDF from
Trac.

Indeed I have copied the .exe
to C:\Bitnami\trac-1.4.3-0\python\Lib\site-packages\wkhtmltopdfin\wkhtmltopdf.exe
and restarted Trac apache services.

[image: Capture.PNG]

Re: Re: TracWikiPrint - plugin install help [ In reply to ]
We'll have you checked if the exe got the right permission for the trac
process to execute it, like the error message suggest?

Cheers

Markus

Re: Re: TracWikiPrint - plugin install help [ In reply to ]
Yes, Trac services are running as Local System. He has full permission to
the .exe.

Re: Re: TracWikiPrint - plugin install help [ In reply to ]
Well I would still try to tinker with the permissions, especially on
windows sometimes things are strange when it comes to permissions.

I usually go the grant all permission route when something isn't working
and tidy up if I get it to work with that approach

Cheers

Markus

Re: Re: TracWikiPrint - plugin install help [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 6:45 AM Adam Terhune <adam.terhune@gmail.com> wrote:

> I finally had a chance to re-visit this. Although the PDF kit is
> installed. I'm receiving this message when trying to download a PDF from
> Trac.
>
> Indeed I have copied the .exe to C:\Bitnami\trac-1.4.3-0\python\Lib\site-packages\wkhtmltopdfin\wkhtmltopdf.exe
> and restarted Trac apache services.
>
> [image: Capture.PNG]

I'm considering you've modified pdfkit source because "\t" in
"C:\Bitnami\trac..." is shown as a TAB character in the image.
Try to correct or revert the changes of pdfkit if my guessing is right.