it yet Trac failed to run. I removed the CRITICAL line and it ran fine.

Given that I didn't change the .ini file and both lines have been there for
a while, does that indicate a potential bug in a new version of Trac?

Re: trac.ini problem [ In reply to ]
Hi,

My guess is you added that line a while ago but never restarted the trac
process so you might ever got the problem till now.

Cheers

Markus

Re: trac.ini problem [ In reply to ]
This machine is regularly restarted and I log into trac, so it's not that.
I don't have any scripts that could have run and modified the .ini file
themselves.

Re: trac.ini problem [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 7:44:27 AM UTC-7 Aca Guy wrote:

> I probably got a recent automatic update trac and just got the following
> message:
>
> Internal Server Error
>
> TracError: DuplicateOptionError: While reading from
> '/home/me/trac/conf/trac.ini' [line 49]: option 'log_level' in section
> 'logging' already exists
>
> I had two lines in trac.ini:
> log_level = DEBUG
> log_level = CRITICAL
>
> The trac.ini file had a modification date of 2020 on it, so I didn't
> change it yet Trac failed to run. I removed the CRITICAL line and it ran
> fine.
>
> Given that I didn't change the .ini file and both lines have been there
> for a while, does that indicate a potential bug in a new version of Trac?

Duplicate options are not allowed in Trac 1.5.3 and later.
https://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/11538

Ryan

Re: trac.ini problem [ In reply to ]
Thanks Ryan, all is explained.